You’ve worked hard to lose weight and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. But that light weighs about 10 lbs and just won’t budge.
For so many moms, it is tough to lose the last 10 lbs to get to their goal weight (whether that’s pre-baby weight or another goal they have chosen). Really tough.
For some reason, our bodies seem to want to hold onto that last 10 lbs as a bit of a security blanket.
But today we have some tips that might just help. A lot of them may be common sense, but others you might see as being quite strict.
But that’s OK because it may only be a few weeks that you need to be so tough on yourself before you see results and hit maintenance mode like single mom Lauren (pictured above).
- Get strict – while you may not be into counting calories, you might just find that when you work out your daily calorie recommendation on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app that you are over-consuming each day. Every little bit helps, so why not spend just a few weeks counting calories until you are confident that you are eating the right amount.
- Start swapping – so eggs and spinach instead of toast or cereal; fill your plate with veggies and salad instead of rice or pasta; use lettuce or cabbage as ‘wraps’ instead of sandwiches.
- Up the protein – ensure that you are eating enough protein in your meals and snacks. This helps you to feel fuller for longer and gets your metabolism firing. Think nuts, ground almonds, boiled eggs, poached chicken, natural peanut butter, tofu.
- Cut back on the treats – if you are really trying everything then why not go for it and try really cutting back your treats for a few weeks. It might mean all the difference so it is worth a go if you think you can manage it. It doesn’t mean you stop snacking, it just means you cut out your chocolate based or sweet snacks for a while and see if that helps.
- Say no to alcohol for a while – even the odd glass of wine adds up in terms of calories. And with no nutritional value, it could be a quick and easy way to see results.
- Mix up your repertoire – our bodies get used to the same old same old. If you keep doing what you’ve been doing, your results may stay the same. Mix it up!
- Stay focused – one day at a time is all we can do. Don’t let a bad day turn into a bad week. So if you have a slip-up, dust yourself off and remember that tomorrow is another day closer to your goal.
- Get support – try chatting to a friend or other mom who has lost weight. Pick their brain and see if they have any insight for you about anything you are missing or not doing. Jump onto the Healthy Mommy Facebook group and be inspired by the moms, advice and stories on the page.
- Boost your metabolism – get your insides to do all the work. Fire up your metabolism and the calories will burn themselves. Read our top tips for boosting metabolism here.
- Move move move – for some people, a daily walk and some weekly strength training is enough to see great results. For others, you might need to get more of a sweat on to see the benefit. Try alternating your walks with jogging or a light run. Increase your strength training as this helps to build muscle which means you will burn more calories even from your daily movements.
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.