100 baby names with the most POWERFUL meanings
Have you ever wondered what your favorite baby name actually means? It’s all well and good to have a cute sounding name but what if the meaning is just…blasé?
Choosing a powerful moniker for your future child is just as important as how the name LOOKS and SOUNDS.
These 100 names, collected via Pop Sugar are not only adorable but they have a strong meaning behind them also, making them that much more appealing.
We define them below!
- Aaron: Hebrew — Enlightened.
- Aiden: Celtic — The sun god; fiery.
- Alexander: Greek — Defender of men.
- Amell: German — Power of an eagle.
- Amory: German — Leader; divine; brave; powerful.
- Andrew: Greek — Strong; manly; courageous.
- Anthony: Latin — Priceless.
- Asher: Hebrew —Happy or blessed.
- Austin: Latin — Majestic dignity.
- Azai: Hebrew — Strength.
- Aziel: Hebrew — God is my power.
- Caelan: Irish — Powerful warrior; victorious people.
- Chance: English — Good fortune.
- Charlie: English — Free.
- David: Hebrew — Beloved.
- Edric: English — Power and good fortune.
- Edward: English — Wealthy guardian.
- Elliot: Hebrew — Lord is my God.
- Ethan: Hebrew — Strong; safe; firm.
- Ezra: Hebrew — Helper.
- Felix: Latin — Happy; fortunate.
- Gabriel: Hebrew — Devoted to God; a hero of God; God is my strength.
- Henry: German — Ruler of the household.
- Ian: Scottish — God is gracious.
- Isaac: Hebrew — He will laugh.
- Isaiah: Hebrew — Salvation of the lord.
- Jayce: Greek — Healer.
- Jonathan: Hebrew — God gives.
- Josiah: Hebrew — Fire of the Lord; healer.
- Julian: Latin — Father of the skies.
- Kano: Japanese — One’s masculine power; capability.
- Levi: Hebrew — Joined in harmony.
- Liam: Irish — Strong-willed warrior and protector.
- Lucas: Latin — Light-giving; illumination.
- Magnus: Latin — Greatest.
- Matthew: Hebrew — Gift from God.
- Miles: Latin — Soldier.
- Milo: German — Merciful.
- Nathan: Hebrew — He gave.
- Ned: English — Wealthy guardian.
- Noah: Hebrew — Rest; comfort.
- Nolan: Gaelic — A descendant of a chariot fighter or champion; famous; noble.
- Oswald: English — Divine power.
- Owen: Welsh — Young warrior; well-born; noble.
- Robert: German — Bright fame.
- Ryan: Irish — Descendent of the king; little king.
- William: German — Strong-willed warrior; resolute protection.
- Xander: Greek — Protector of men.
- Zachary: Hebrew — Remembered by God.
- Zane: Hebrew — God’s gracious gift.
- Abigail: Hebrew — The father’s joy.
- Alessia: Italian — Defending warrior.
- Alexandra: Greek — Helper; defender of mankind.
- Alice: English — Noble; kind.
- Amara: Latin — Strong; attractive; stylish.
- Amelia: German — Industrious; striving.
- Anne: Hebrew — Favored grace.
- Arabella: Latin — Lovely; elegant.
- Audree: French — Nobility; strength.
- Arianna: Greek — Holy.
- Avery: French — Wise.
- Callie: Greek — Most beautiful.
- Calynn: Gaelic — Powerful in battle.
- Charlotte: French — Petite; feminine.
- Charvi: Sanskrit — Beautiful.
- Claire: Latin — Bright; clear; famous; brilliant.
- Cora: Greek — Filled heart.
- Darlene: English — Darling, loved one.
- Della: German — Noble; bright.
- Diana: Latin — Moon Goddess.
- Eleanor: Greek — Bright, shining one; sun rays.
- Ella: English — Light; beautiful fairy woman.
- Eva: Hebrew — Life.
- Farrah: Arabic — Happy.
- Faye: French — Loyalty; confidence; trust; belief.
- Gabriella: Hebrew — Devoted to God.
- Grace: Latin: Goodness; generosity.
- Hannah: Hebrew — Favor; grace of God.
- Isabelle: Hebrew — God is my strength; devoted to God.
- Jocelyn: Latin — Happy; joyful.
- Kaitlyn: Greek — Pure.
- Kalila: Arabic — Heap of love.
- Layla: Egyptian — Dark beauty.
- Mackenzie: Gaelic — Child of the wise leader.
- Malia: Hawaiian — Beloved.
- Mia: Latin — Mine; wished-for child.
- Mila: Russian — Industrious; hardworking.
- Millie: Latin — Free-born; strength; determination.
- Naila: Arabic — Successful.
- Nora: Greek — Shining light.
- Reagan: Irish — Little ruler.
- Reveka: Hebrew — Captivating.
- Samantha: Hebrew — Listener.
- Sarah: Hebrew — Princess.
- Shayna: Yiddish — Beautiful; God is gracious.
- Sophia: Greek — Wisdom.
- Stella: Greek — A star.
- Vivian: Latin — Full of life.
- Zahra: Arabic — Flower.
- Zoe: Greek — Life.
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.
*Images and references to pounds lost are as supplied by the individual in the story. The Healthy Mommy assumes information and photographs supplied to be true in nature and is not responsible for any false misrepresentations or claims relating to their programs or products.