28 things moms of boys know
Boys are hilarious, sensitive, smart, brave, cheeky, thoughtful, noisy and oh so much more! Here are 28 things moms of boys know.
If you’re a mom with boys, you’re bound to be able to relate to some of the below. This is not to say that many girls don’t have many of the same attributes!
Written with tongue planted firmly in cheek with some input from many other moms with boys!
28 things moms of boys know
1. To check the toilet before visitors use it to make sure it’s clean/dry.
2. That air freshener should always be kept near the toilet.
3. When boys get older they talk more if they don’t need to make eye contact with you, so car trips are an amazing way to get awesome conversations going.
4. Boys are the BEST cuddly-snugglers…even when they are pre-teens!
5. Man, they can eat!!! Unbelievable.
6. They like to have ‘sword fights’ in the bath with each other.
7. They fight and get over it seconds later.
8. Fart jokes never get boring.
9. Underwear is optional.
10. They have lots of energy (testosterone) so need physical activities and sport.
11. Before you know it, they go from little boys to young men towering over you.
12. You miss the little boy while you’re proud of the young man they’ve become; it’s a weird, happy and sad feeling.
13. Boys can be so full of LOVE.
14. Play fighting is scary to watch but it’s not going anywhere, no matter how often you tell them to stop.
15. They love being nude.
16. The fridge can be full of ingredients but they can’t see its potential.
17. Little boys are much more sensitive than a lot of people realize, they are the ones on a school camp who really need a hug from mom.
18. They look oh so adorable in their little man suits!
19. Boys love toilet humor and don’t seem to grow out of it in a hurry!
20. They have a unique smell.
21. Fart jokes and farting is funny all the time and can become a part of everyday conversation.
22. Sitting down at kids’ parties to do a craft activity…what??! No!
23. Expect to be out and active every day. They love it and they love it when you are doing it too.
24. Going to the store and shopping, in general, are cause for a “paralysis attack”.
25. There’s no such thing as the word ‘full’ when it comes to food.
26. From the moment they wake until the moment they sleep they barely stop moving, wriggling or jiggling.
27. The noise is constant, especially when brothers are together.
28. Every inanimate object, such as a toy car or motorbike is given sound effects when played with.
Boys are such a gift and we have the privilege of raising them to be incredible men! Do you have any others to add to this list?
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.
*Images and references to pounds lost are as supplied by the individual in the story. The Healthy Mommy assumes information and photographs supplied to be true in nature and is not responsible for any false misrepresentations or claims relating to their programs or products.