Moms of the world can generally agree on a few things about feeding their family dinner every night. The meals have to be TASTY. They have to be FAMILY FRIENDLY. And they should be BUDGET FRIENDLY!
We know you want to eat well without spending a fortune, and that’s what we had in mind when we made the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meal plans.
So if you want to lose weight, save money, and prepare meals that the whole family can enjoy together, the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge might just be for you.
Five meals under $1.75 per serving
Here is a taster of FIVE delicious main meals from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge that all come in under $1.75 per serving.
PLUS we are giving away one of the recipes below – because seeing is believing!
1. Chicken and Spinach Pasta
$1.53 per serving
Dried spices add a nice kick of flavor to this simple pasta meal without breaking the bank.
Want to make it even cheaper? Switch out the chicken breast for chicken thighs instead. Why not make a double batch and use leftovers for your lunches for the week?
2. Moroccan Beef Meatballs with Couscous Salad
$1.01 per serving
You can have these gently spiced meatballs on the table in just 25 minutes and they’re mild enough for the kids too.
Couscous is a great healthy carbohydrate choice for your meals, plus it’s super quick to prepare.
3. Beef Rendang and Rice
$1.58 per serving
Cheaper cuts of meat like lean chuck steak are perfect for long slow cooked curries like this beef rendang from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
When served with rice and veggies, a small amount can go a long way and feed the whole family at a low cost per serving.
This freezes well too so you can always make a double batch of the curry and squirrel it away in the freezer for a family meal another night.
4. Turmeric Chickpea Patties with Mint Yogurt
$1.04 per serving
There’s nothing like a vegetarian option on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to bring the costs RIGHT DOWN. Wallet-friendly chickpeas and eggs are your sources of protein here, and the kids will love dunking them in the minty yogurt sauce.
If you’ve got any leftover they reheat well the next day too for a quick snack or light lunch.
5. Chicken and Pesto Burger with Sweet Potato Fries
$1.22 per serving – get the recipe below!
Instead of spending your hard-earned cash on a fast food burger, make these instead (and save BIG on the calories and fat content!).
Sweet potato chips are a fun way to get the kids to eat their veggies (be warned – they’re a little bit addicting!).
Here’s the recipe so that you can try out a recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and decide for yourself whether it suits you and your family.
- 2 small sweet potatoes (3/4 lb)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbsp basil pesto, store-bought
- 4 slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese (1.5 oz)
- 1 cup mixed lettuce leaves (1 oz)
- 1 tomato, sliced (3.5 oz)
- 4 wholegrain rolls (12 oz)
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice the sweet potato into fries and spread over the prepared tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- While the sweet potato fries are cooking, slice the chicken breast thinly lengthways, to make it faster to cook. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan or barbecue hot plate to medium-high and lightly spray with cooking oil spray. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Slice the roll(s) in half and place in the oven for the final few minutes of cooking the fries, to toast slightly.
- Spread the bottom half of the roll (per serving) with the pesto. Top with chicken slices, cheese, tomato, lettuce and remaining half of the roll (per serving).
- Remove the sweet potato fries from the oven and serve alongside the chicken burger.
Recipe makes 4 serves at 461 calories per serving.
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customizable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy moms – under 30 minutes
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE CLICK HERE
*Images and references to pounds lost are as supplied by the individual in the story. The Healthy Mommy assumes information and photographs supplied to be true in nature and is not responsible for any false misrepresentations or claims relating to their programs or products.