Sweet treats don’t have to be off limits when you are trying to lose weight on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. It’s just a matter of making BETTER sweet treat choices!
This mom has made seven types of HEALTHY sweet desserts from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – and they look so good!
Kate Jacklin reveals she’s been following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for two years now, and she’s managed to curb her sweet tooth with these delicious healthy alternatives.
All of these recipes have no added white sugar. They’re available to members of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Join today!
Unhealthy sweet treat cravings
Before Kate found the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, she says she used to eat a lot of unhealthy sweet treats.
“I used to sit around a lot being lazy, eating really bad foods. I would never eat breakfast and literally have chocolate for lunch or whole packets of poptarts,” she says.
“I would get up and go for walks, but usually only to the supermarket to buy more bad food.”
Kate joined the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and began making her own HEALTHY sweet treats and eating well, as well as exercising regularly. Kate has lost 46 lbs thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
“I use Sundays as my meal prep day as my partner is home and can distract the kids,” she says. “I make a lot of snacks that have dark chocolate in them because I know they will leave me feeling satisfied.”
Healthy sweet treats Kate makes
1. Cookie Dough Bliss Balls
Who doesn’t LOVE raw cookie dough?!!! Well guess what, this cookie dough bliss ball recipe is not only HEALTHY but it’s also part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
2. Healthy Chocolate Coconut Brownies
A healthy snack that is lunch box friendly. This recipe makes 12 servings so store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days to freeze.
You can find the recipe for the Healthy Chocolate Coconut Brownies here.
3. Microwave Cheesecake
You can whip this up in less than two minutes! Find the recipe for the Microwave Cheesecake here.
4. Chocolate Mint “Ice Cream” Bites
A delicious frozen treat that is low in added sugar. Make a batch to store in the freezer so you have healthier snack options available when needed. Get the recipe for the Chocolate Mint “Ice Cream” Bites here.
5. Frozen Vanilla Fudge
Fudge doesn’t need to be off the menu when you are trying to lose weight. If you make your own from scratch, you can enjoy everything you love about fudge without the piles of butter and sugar. These are 275 calories per serving and require just 4 ingredients!
Most of these ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen already.
Ingredients (Makes 10 servings)
- 2 cups cashew nuts, unsalted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Cover the cashews in water and soak overnight. When ready to use, drain. Blend all ingredients together until they form a soft dough.
- Spread the dough in a lined pan (it’s easier to spread the dough in the pan by covering with another piece of baking paper to avoid it sticking to your spoon/spatula).
- Freeze for 90 minutes and then cut into 10 pieces. One piece is one serving. Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
6. Raspberry Muffins
These are great to cook in a big batch so that you’ve got snacks ready to go for the week. The kids will love these too.
You can get the recipe for Raspberry Muffins here.
7. Yogurt Berry Mini Cheesecakes
Small bites of healthy cheesecake that have a berry burst – delicious! Great to make in advance and stash away for the week.
These cheesecakes work out at 111 calories per serving.
Ingredients (Makes 8 servings)
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, unsalted
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- cooking oil spray
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 6 oz light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water and set aside. Soften the cream cheese.
- Place the cashews, coconut and rolled oats in a food processor on high until well combined. While the processor is running, pour in the butter and continue processing until the mixture begins to come together.
- Line or lightly spray 8 holes of a silicone mini muffin tray. Divide the cashew and coconut mixture evenly between each hole of the tray. Press base down firmly.
- If using frozen raspberries, allow to defrost. Then place in a bowl and lightly mash with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and yogurt together until well combined and smooth.
- Fold through the dissolved gelatin.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly between the muffin holes, on top of the bases. Spoon some mashed raspberries on top of each muffin hole and swirl through gently with a teaspoon to just combine with the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the muffin tray in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until firm and set.
- One mini cheesecake is one serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 2 months.
Kate’s 6 top tips to help you stay on track while losing weight
1. Meal prep
Meal prep. Make it a thing.
Get all of your 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge snacks made, cut up your vegetables, make meals and freeze them. Your week will be SO much easier. By having meals prepared you can grab it out of the fridge/freezer and eat it instantly.
There’s no excuse and or reason to opt for fast food or grab something unhealthy that way.
2. Write your main goals down
Put them somewhere you will see them regularly. For example on a mirror or inside a cupboard door. They will be a reminder of what you want to achieve.
3. Write down your smaller goals
Write down two or three short term goals and your goals for the month. Be sure to include what you are aiming to achieve in the next 28 days following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Again, pop these notes somewhere you will SEE all the time.
4. Plan your meals
When following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, your NEW meal plans are released every Wednesday. Make Wednesday or Thursday meal planning day! Sit down, get your meal plan up and customize it for the next week.
5. Write out your groceries
Finalize your grocery list. Use your 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge App and print your grocery list out (or write it down).
I suggest doing your groceries right away if you have the time. This way you will have every ingredient needed for the week ahead, leaving you with NO reason not to follow your meal plan and stray from your weight loss goals.
6. Place reminders around your house
Have your 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meal plan visible. Write your meal plan down and put it in your kitchen where you can see it, giving you no excuses. Leave notes for yourself to drink more water. Leave yourself reminders to move more.
Thanks for the amazing tips, Kate!
Thanks for the amazing tips, Kate! Keep up in the incredible work and thank you for empowering other moms on their 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge weight loss journey.
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.
*Images and references to pounds lost are as supplied by the individual in the story. The Healthy Mommy assumes information and photographs supplied to be true in nature and is not responsible for any false misrepresentations or claims relating to their programs or products.