After a season of being merry, you may feel like it’s time to give your liver a break.
This hardworking organ is the biggest gland in the body and has the important task of keeping you well, store vitamins and iron and produce bile to help break down and digest fats, among many other things.
Alcohol, as well as processed and fried foods can affect how your liver functions. So it’s important to make sure you give it a good detox after a busy festive month.
8 ways to help you cleanse your liver
1. Avoid alcohol as well as caffeine for a while
Why not try having a dry January? Even cutting out caffeine, which can also cause your liver damage for a month or so.
2. Give up the greasy food
Processed foods, drinks as well as food that is high in trans fats and sugars can also damage your liver.
3. Up your vegetables
Veggies such as broccoli, kale, cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts have been proven to help give your liver a boost.
4. Sleep well
Sleeping is the way for the body to recharge itself and remove toxic waste.
5. Drink more water
Water helps detox your body, release waste and boost your energy – which will be needed if you’ve cut out caffeine.
6. Eat food high in antioxidants
Berries, fruit, nuts, spices and green tea are jammed packed full of antioxidants and can help restore any damaged cells in your liver.
7. Eat foods that flush out toxins
Meanwhile, turmeric, citrus, beetroot, garlic, walnuts and olive oils also help flush out toxins.
8. Purchase The Healthy Mommy’s 7 Day Cleanse ebook
The 7 Day Cleanse e-book will help you to detox your body from the unwanted toxins in your system and leave you feeling great!
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy moms – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.