Eating healthy doesn’t need to be boring or expensive when you can make tasty, restaurant style recipes like this Beef Burger with Herby Cheese and Zucchini Fries burgers served with a side of vegetable fries at home. The perfect meal to make for your next barbecue.
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Ingredients (Makes 1 serving)
- 1/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 zucchini, sliced into batons
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole wheat bun
- 4 tsp reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 4 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup mixed lettuce leaves
- Season beef with salt and pepper and form into one burger patty per serving. Cover and place in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking tray with baking paper. Dust the zucchini in cornstarch. Place on the prepared tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tender and golden brown.
- While zucchini fries are cooking, heat a frying pan or barbecue grill over medium- high heat. Cook each burger patty for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Slice the bun(s) in half. Combine the cottage cheese, parsley, dried herbs and garlic. Spread this mix over the bottom half of each bun. Place in the oven, with the zucchini fries and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese topping is golden. Assemble the burger(s) by placing a beef patty on top of the cheesy half of each bun and top with tomato slices, lettuce leaves and the remaining top half of each bun.
- Serve with zucchini fries on the side.
439 calories per serve