Burgers are often a family favourite but not always considered a healthy choice. Making the burgers yourself using fresh ingredients will ensure you get to enjoy a well loved dish in a healthy way.
Serves 4, prep time 10 mins, cook time 10 mins
- ¾ lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- cooking oil spray
- 4 whole grain rolls
- 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- Season beef with salt and pepper and then combine with carrot, onion and dried herbs. Form into one burger patty per serving.
- Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking oil spray over medium-high heat.
- Cook the burger patties on both sides for 5 – 10 minutes in total, until cooked to your liking.
- Halve the bread rolls and lightly toast under the broiler or in toaster.
- Place lettuce and sliced tomato on one half per serve. Top with cooked burger patty, mustard, tomato sauce and other half of bun per serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Energy 330 cals Protein 27g Fiber 6.3g Total Fat 6.3g Carbohydrates 37g Saturated Fat 2g Total Sugar 5.3g