A delicious, cheesy snack, with a serving of vegetables. Only a few ingredients means this Cheesy Broccoli Bites recipe is also friendly on your budget.
Serves 4, prep time 5 mins, cook time 15 mins
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Steam broccoli on the stovetop or in the microwave for 3 minutes until bright green. Cool slightly.
- In a food processor, process steamed broccoli into fine crumbs.
- Tip broccoli crumbs into a medium bowl with eggs, breadcrumbs and Parmesan and stir well.
- Use a tablespoon to form mixture into 16 balls.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add half the bites to the pan and press the tops gently to flatten a little. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden. Move to a paper towel and repeat with remaining oil and bites.
- Four broccoli bites is one serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Nutritional Information Per Serving