You can sneak as many veggies into this meatloaf as you like. Canned corn kernels, grated carrot or zucchini, whatever you have available.
Serves 4, prep time 10 mins, cook time 45 mins
- cooking oil spray
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- ¼ lb reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a little cooking oil spray into a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine ground chicken, garlic, mustard, onion, paprika, egg, three quarters of the cheese and season with pepper. Mix to combine well and then spoon into prepared loaf pan.
- With your hands, push the chicken mixture into the pan so it is compact and smooth and even on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is browned. Remove from the oven and spread the top with tomato paste, sprinkle over rosemary leaves and the remainder of the grated cheese. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes until cooked through and browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving with your favorite healthy side dish like steamed green vegetables or a salad.
Nutritional Information Per Serving