Chicken, Cilantro, Avocado and Lime Pasta
Have you got some leftover cooked chicken to use in a simple dinner recipe? Or even go vegetarian and leave out the meat altogether – it’s up to you.
This pasta recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge gives you everything you love about pesto without the calories.
The creaminess of the avocado is the base for some amazing flavors which come from the garlic, cilantro and lime.
Serve it hot for dinner and then enjoy it as a delicious cold lunch the next day.
Avocado is a versatile fruit that not only tastes great but also has many health benefits.
The fiber in avocado helps to keep you fuller for longer; it contains folate which is great for heart health as well as for pregnant women who need folate for their unborn child.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to access this and hundreds more healthy recipes.
- 10.5 oz raw pasta of your choice
- 1 cup cooked chicken shredded, optional
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 3 tbsp natural or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese to serve
- Cook pasta according to the instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Peel your avocado and remove the seed.
- Blend in a food processor with the cilantro, lime juice, yogurt and garlic until it’s creamy.
- Season to taste and add to the pasta along with the chicken, if using.
- Toss the pasta to coat with the sauce and serve sprinkled with the Parmesan cheese.
Serves 4 at 395 calories per serving
For more healthy recipes like this, why not join thousands of other moms on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy? Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.