This chicken and cucumber salad has a wonderful zing to it thanks to the inclusion of lemon juice and zest.
You can marinate the chicken ahead of time so it’s ready when you want to cook the salad. Lemon helps to boost metabolism and helps the bowels work better.
Cucumber is low in calories and is great for detoxing. It’s also high in fiber and water which helps to improve constipation.
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
Prep time 1 hr 10 min
Cook time 10 min
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- In a bowl, combine the rosemary, garlic, olive oil with half the lemon juice and half the lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken into strips and add to the bowl with the marinade. Mix and coat well. Set aside in the fridge covered for an hour or more if you have time. When the chicken has been marinated for a while, heat a frying pan over medium-high. Add the chicken and the marinade and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Use a peeler or spiralizer to slice the cucumber into thin ribbons.
- Combine cucumber ribbons with yogurt, cumin, remaining lemon juice and zest. Mix well to combine.
- Serve the cucumber ribbon salad topped with chicken pieces.
321 calories per serving.