Today we are sharing this healthy, Chicken Parmesan recipe, which is an example of the type of recipe you will find in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Have you heard about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and want to know what you’re missing out on?
Well one thing you’ll miss out on if you’re not signed up for the next Challenge (they run EVERY month), is 28 days of healthy eating plans, including easy to prepare breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks.
How fantastic – you don’t need to think about what to have for dinner for a whole 28 days!
All the recipes throughout the Challenge are completely customizable and can be adjusted to suit your tastes and your family’s needs and budget.
Chicken Parmesan is a favorite in so many families and now you can create this tasty meal in a healthy way. Increase quantities to serve the whole family.
- 1/2 lb chicken breast fillets
- 3 tbsp wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 1/3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 tomato (1 oz)
- 8 tsp pumpkin seeds roasted, pepitas
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Grate the mozzarella and chop the tomato.
- Tenderize the chicken to 1/5 inch flat with a tenderizer hammer. If you don’t have a tenderizer then you can cover the chicken with baking paper and hit with a rolling pin.
- Mix the bread crumbs (use gluten-free crumbs if required) and parmesan cheese together.
- Brush the chicken with half of the olive oil and press the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture over both sides.
- Preheat the oven broiler to high.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and cook the chicken for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the chicken on a lined baking tray and top with the tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. Place the tray under the broiler for 3 mins or so until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Toss together baby spinach, chopped tomato, pumpkin seeds and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Serve parmesan with salad on the side.
Serves 2 at 439 calories per serving
Loved this recipe? This is an example recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipes, where you can get access to a range of family-friendly recipes and meal plans.