These Chicken Skewers with Mango Salad are an easy to assemble family dinner or perfect for your next barbecue.
You can marinate the chicken ahead of time if you like and then just cook and prepare the salad when you’re ready to serve.
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 8 mins
Ingredients (Makes 1 serving)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp tamari gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 mango
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 cucumber
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Combine the lemon juice with tamari/soy sauce and half the finely diced ginger to create a marinade.
- Dice chicken breast and pour over marinade and place in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Thread marinated chicken onto skewers per serving and barbecue or pan fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mango salad. Remove the skin and stone from the mango and finely dice. Finely chop the onion, cucumber and mint leaves. Combine in a bowl with the mango.
- Combine the remaining ginger, sweet chili sauce and lime juice and pour over the mango salsa.
- Spoon salsa over chicken skewers and serve with lime wedges.
- Notes: If using wooden skewers, place skewers in chilled water for 1 hour before use to avoid them burning on the barbecue.
307 calories per serve
Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.