A yummy snack ‘ball’ filled with protein and fiber. This recipe makes 10 servings (1 ball is 1 serving) so keep them in the fridge or freezer to snack on as needed!
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Ingredients (makes 10 servings)
Prep time 10 min Cook time 8 min
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and dried
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave if it’s hard.
- Place nuts in a food processor and blend until ground well.
- Add dates, cocoa, coconut oil, chia seeds, vanilla and cinnamon and blend until well combined. If you need to adjust quantities of ingredients to reach a consistency that’s easy to roll into balls, then do so.
- Roll mixture into approximately 10 bite-sized balls and roll in shredded coconut. Refrigerate to firm up a little. Can be frozen.
100 calories per serving