Banana and chocolate work so well together and this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread makes use of both fantastically.
Serves 16, prep time 10 mins, cook time 50 mins
- 2 ripe small bananas, mashed
- 2 cups whole wheat self-rising flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 3 oz butter, melted
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, place the mashed bananas, flour, baking powder and coconut sugar. Mix together until combined.
- Add the eggs and melted butter and stir until combined into a batter. Add 3/4 of the chocolate chips to the batter and fold through gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Slice into 16 pieces. One piece is one serving. Store leftover slices in an airtight container in the fridge or wrap individually and freeze to defrost and toast as required.
Nutritional Information Per Serving