A simple to prepare sweet snack that will satisfy any sugar cravings without adding extra sugar. Making snacks like this that are low in (or contain no) added sugar will help your palate get used to enjoying meals that aren’t too sweet.
You could always add a small amount of coconut sugar or stevia to the hot coconut milk mixture and reduce it each time you prepare this recipe until you’re used to the less sweet flavors.
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Defrost berries if using frozen ones. In a bowl combine gelatin with 1/4 of the coconut milk (1/8 cup).
- Heat remaining coconut milk in the microwave or on the stove until hot but not boiling.
- Pour hot coconut milk into the cold coconut milk/gelatin mixture. Stir until gelatin powder has dissolved.
- Add the cacao/cocoa powder, 2/3 of the raspberries and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a small serving glass or silicone mold.
- Place in the fridge to set, around 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with remaining raspberries.
128 calories per serving
Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.