Pasta doesn’t have to be off the menu when wanting to follow a healthy lifestyle. Just watch your portion size and use reduced-fat, high protein ingredients to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Serves 4, prep time 5 mins, cook time 15 mins
- 1 lb fresh beef ravioli
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 lean slices of bacon, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup reduced fat cream
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Prepare ravioli according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon pieces and cook for 2- 3 minutes or until golden.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until tender. Season with pepper.
- Add cream and cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through and combine with other ingredients.
- Sprinkle over grated Parmesan and stir to combine and melt into sauce.
- Add prepared ravioli to the pan and toss to combine with sauce. Add a little hot water or liquid chicken stock if needed, to loosen sauce and cover ravioli.
- Divide ravioli and sauce evenly between four bowls and sprinkle each with some fresh chives.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Energy 376 cals Protein 21g Fiber 0.9g Total Fat 19g Carbohydrates 30g Saturated Fat 8.3g Total Sugar 10g Free Sugar 0g