Hi – My name is Rhian and as well as being a busy mom of 2 little young boys – I am also the founder of The Healthy Mommy which I am super proud to say is transforming the lives of millions of moms all over the world – and I am so excited that we have now launched in the US (you can join our PRIVATE US support group here too)!
The Healthy Mommy is a health & weight loss program created for busy moms and we started back in 2010 when I was pregnant and wanted to created a supportive and holistic program for moms (you can read my story here) and now millions of moms use our famous 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge every day and moms have lost over 6 million pounds with us!
And here is one of the 100k+ of moms – Sascha Farley – who have lost weight using Healthy Mommy plans and meal prepping like this (there are more amazing examples at the bottom of the blog to inspire you too!
Sascha says,“Over 70 lbs gone from using The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges and maintaining it couldn’t be more enjoyable”
My EPIC meal prep day!
One of the BIG things I like to do and show moms is that healthy eating doesn’t need to be expensive!
So today, I did a little bit of meal prep! Well quite a lot actually! I made a months worth of dinners for a family of 4 for under $133
All of the meals came from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app
Below I will show you the food I cooked plus I will share my meal prep tips and how you can get costs down either further!
How you can feed your family dinners for a month without spending over $133
The Healthy Mommy meals are designed with a holistic approach, with no food group being cut out, everything in moderation and the most importantly, delicious!
This took me around 8 hours to do but means I don’t have to cook again for a long time and because I am cooking in bulk I am saving so much money – so although it is hard work – it is 100% worth it!
- Excluding the snacks I spent $133 on food
- With the snacks I spent $163
- I made 120 dinners enough for a family of 4 for 30 nights
- I made 40 servings of snacks
- All food is healthy and yummy
Healthy Mommy Dinners for a Month – Under $133
Creamy Chicken & Corn Soup – $1.36 per serving
Brazilian Beans with Greens & Rice – $1.20 per serving
Spanish Rice with Chorizo – $1.74 per serving
Easy Fried Rice – $0.70 per serving
Lentil Shepherd’s Pie – $1.40 per serving
Peanut Butter Chicken Curry – $1.65 per serving
Sausage & Veggie Pasta Bake – $1.23 per serving
Beef & Sweet Potato Lasagna – $1.65 per serving
Mexican Style Chili Con Carne – $1.32 per serving
Simple Zucchini & Bacon Slice – $1.40 per serving
Coconut Chicken Nuggets – $1.40 per serving
Chili Tuna Patties with Asian Coleslaw – $1.28 per serving
Pesto, Spinach & Ricotta Rolls – $0.42 per serving
Grocery bill total: $133
Raspberry Muffins (12 in 2 batches) – $0.37 per serving
Cherry Chocolate Slice (10 in 2 batches) – $0.31 per serving
Peppermint Chocolate Slice (14 in 2 batches) – $0.54 per serving
Spanish rice with chorizo
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked: $0.30
- 2 chorizo sausages, chopped: $3.40
- 1 brown onion, diced: $0.19
- 1 tsp smoked paprika: $0.025
- 4 tomatoes, diced: $1.38
- 1 cup frozen peas: $0.25
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or canned: $0.25
- 1 red pepper, diced: $0.69
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley: $0.076
- 4 limes: $0.44
- TOTAL: $6.96
FREE GIFT FROM ME!!
And if you like what you see – my gift to you is my meal prep book for FREE!! Get it here
My tips on how to save MORE money when meal prepping
- Get cooking on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – Save even more by making the three rice based meals with the same type of rice (instead of buying jasmine, brown and basmati)
- Save even more by bulking out your recipes with any vegetables that are on sale, as most of our recipes are quite flexible and forgiving
- Save even more by growing your own basil, parsley and cilantro at home in the garden or in a window box instead of buying them by the bunch
- Save even more by switching up some of the proteins to either whatever meat is on sale when you shop, or substitute with tofu or chickpeas instead
- I purposely chose recipes with similar ingredients as this helps save money at the checkout (e.g. many have rice, or pasta)
- These are all kid friendly recipes too, there’s no need to cook two different meals for adults and kids
- On average the main meals here work out at under $1.10 per serving, so you can lose weight AND save money at the same time
- These meals freeze well, so cook double and enjoy the other portions later (saves on dishes too)
- If you like the sound of these recipes, you’re going to LOVE the abundant and customizable recipes The Healthy Mommy holds.
With more than 1,000 delicious (and healthy) recipes, 350 exercises & 24/7 support – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is designed as an app (and proven) to help busy moms like you lose weight!
Results from moms using The Healthy Mommy Plans
Chloe has lost 84 lbs
Chloe says, “I was 266 lbs, am gluten intolerant and was breastfeeding so The Healthy Mommy was exactly what I needed!”
She went on to put her health as a number one priority and went on to lose 84 lbs in the next 15 months all while continuing to breastfeed.
“I then fell pregnant with baby number 3 and had my first Healthy Mommy pregnancy. I avoided a big weight gain unlike my two previous pregnancies and am coping with the sleepless nights so so much better -thank you!”
New mom Ebannie says “I joined the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and enjoy doing the exercises. I’m finding the food in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges super yummy”. Although Ebannie lost a whopping 112 lbs she prefers not to take much notice to the scales anymore. The clothes clothes speak for themselves. She has dropped from a size 24 to a size 8 top.
A self confessed couch potato who couldn’t stand up for longer than 10 minutes without pain in her legs and feet is now training for 50km marathons. Bethany has lost 112 lbs (almost HALF her weight) dropping from 252 lbs to 140 lbs with the Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges. Bethany says “This is the only program I have come across that cares for the person as a whole”.
Mom Renee has overcome depression and anxiety stemming from an abusive relationship and transformed her body losing 110 lbs. She says “previously I lived day by day, but now I embrace life as it were my last day on the earth!”.
Jo Hart not only rocks her new bikini, she has lost 84 lbs with The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges. She says “I am proud of the change I have made for not only me but for my family too”.
We are absolutely not here to put pressure on moms to lose weight. We instead offer support, advice, plans and products to help moms lose weight when they are 100% physically and emotionally ready to do so – which could be a few months post birth or a few years. Everyone is an individual and we treat them as such.
The aim of the The Healthy Mommy focus is to educate moms how they can make small changes to their life to become healthier and also show them how they can change their life to a healthy one for them and their family. It is not about making extreme changes to your life or about becoming a health and fitness fanatic and is instead about making health fun and part of your life as well as giving useful healthy life information across all aspects of a moms life