Ingredients (Makes 1 serving)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb lean sausage of choice
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 whole grain long bun
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup arugula
- Heat a frying pan or barbecue grill over medium-high heat. Add the oil. Add sausages and cook for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the pan.
- Add the onion and red pepper to the pan/barbecue and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until veggies are very tender.
- Slice the bun(s) down the center and spread one side with the mustard. Add the arugula. Top with sausage and cooked onion and red pepper to serve.