The Grilled Corn with Spicy Salsa is a great meal to prepare using the barbecue. Make the salsa ahead of time so you have a healthy dinner on the table in minutes.
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Ingredients (Makes 1 serving)
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 small red chili, deseeded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 corn cob
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 medium avocado, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- Combine the tomato, red pepper and red onion. Slice the chili and add to salsa with cilantro leaves and lime juice. Toss well to combine.
- If not serving immediately, place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
- Peel the corn. Preheat a griddle pan or barbecue grill over medium-high and cook corn for 3-4 minutes each side, turning regularly for even cooking.
- Once corn is cooked sprinkle evenly with the paprika and cumin. Place on a serving dish.
- Combine avocado and baby spinach with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve corn with prepared red pepper salsa, avocado and spinach salad and tortilla on the side.
421 calories per serve