Grilled Corn with Spicy Salsa
Ingredients (Makes 1 serving)
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 small red chili, deseeded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 corn cob
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 medium avocado, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- Combine the tomato, red pepper and red onion. Slice the chili and add to salsa with cilantro leaves and lime juice. Toss well to combine.
- If not serving immediately, place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
- Peel the corn. Preheat a griddle pan or barbecue grill over medium-high and cook corn for 3-4 minutes each side, turning regularly for even cooking.
- Once corn is cooked sprinkle evenly with the paprika and cumin. Place on a serving dish.
- Combine avocado and baby spinach with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve corn with prepared red pepper salsa, avocado and spinach salad and tortilla on the side.
Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.