Who doesn’t love a chewy chocolate brownie? This recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, is easy to prepare and creates delicious, chocolate coconut brownies.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy moms), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?
Serves 12, prep time 10 mins, cook time 20 mins
- 5 oz dark chocolate (70%)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 free-range eggs
- 3/4 cup whole wheat self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and line a square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Break up the chocolate and add to a saucepan with the coconut oil. Heat slowly, to melt and mix until smooth, around 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl, then add the melted chocolate and stir through.
- Add the flour, sugar, vanilla extract, cacao/cocoa powder and coconut, stirring until combined
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes or until the top is firm. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin completely.
- Remove from the tin and slice into 12 pieces.
- One piece is one serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days (great reheated in the microwave) or freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Energy 240 cals Protein 2.8g Fiber 1.7g Total Fat 17g Carbohydrates 20.5g Saturated Fat 14g Total Sugar 15.5g Free Sugar 12g
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy? Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.