Who doesn’t love a chewy chocolate brownie? This recipe is easy to prepare and creates delicious, chocolate coconut brownies.
Serves 12, prep time 10 mins, cook time 20 mins
- 5 oz dark chocolate (70%)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 free-range eggs
- 3/4 cup whole wheat self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and line a square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Break up the chocolate and add to a saucepan with the coconut oil. Heat slowly, to melt and mix until smooth, around 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl, then add the melted chocolate and stir through.
- Add the flour, sugar, vanilla extract, cacao/cocoa powder and coconut, stirring until combined
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes or until the top is firm. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin completely.
- Remove from the tin and slice into 12 pieces.
- One piece is one serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days (great reheated in the microwave) or freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Energy 240 cals Protein 2.8g Fiber 1.7g Total Fat 17g Carbohydrates 20.5g Saturated Fat 14g Total Sugar 15.5g Free Sugar 12g