This delicious recipe for sausage rolls makes 6 serves. Store leftovers in the fridge or freeze for a quick, easy snack. A great after-school snack option too.
This tasty snack can be found on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy moms), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?
Serves 6, prep time 15 mins, cook time 30 mins
- 250g ground beef
- 1/4 brown onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated, excess moisture removed
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato passata
- 1/3 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 and line two trays with baking paper. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the zucchini. Grate the cheese.
- Heat a non stick frypan over medium heat and lightly spray with cooking oil. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- When onion has cooled place in a bowl and combine with ground beef, grated carrot, zucchini, passata and grated cheese. Combine well with hands.
- Take one sheet of filo, spray with cooking spray and place another sheet of filo on top. Repeat this process until you have 3 double sheets of pastry
- Carefully cut each double sheet of filo widthwise to form 4 even rectangles per double sheet. You should end up with 12 long rectangles of pastry.
- Place some of the meat filling at the end of each of the pastry rectangles and roll up to enclose. Spray each roll lightly with cooking oil to help seal. Cut each of the rectangle rolls in half to form 24 rolls in total.
- Place the sausage rolls on prepared baking trays and cook for 20-25 minutes. They should be golden when cooked. Some liquid may come out of the rolls during cooking. If required turn the rolls over and bake for a further 5-10 minutes to crisp up the bottoms.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy? Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.