Serve this delicious meal with a crisp salad or other vegetables that you know your family loves. You don’t need to tell anyone that you’ve hidden vegetables in their dinner.
Serves 4, prep time 10 mins, cook time 20 mins
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- cooking oil spray
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 4 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine ground chicken, zucchini and eggs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Press mixture together into bite-sized ‘nuggets’ and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the nuggets on a lined baking tray and spray with oil.
- Spray another tray lightly with cooking oil. Cut sweet potatoes into chips and arrange on the tray.
- Place both trays in the oven and bake sweet potato chips for 20 minutes or until tender. Bake nuggets for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Turn halfway through cooking and spray lightly with cooking oil again.
- Divide lettuce, tomato and cucumber evenly between four plates. Serve with sweet potato chips and nuggets.
Nutritional Information Per Serving