Make your own healthy, delicious alternative to fast food chicken nuggets with this quick and easy recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
As with fish fingers, store-bought chicken nuggets can be full of ingredients that are not identifiable as food, plus a lot of unnecessary salt.
Some are better than others but, nutritionally, you can’t beat homemade. Choosing breast meat reduces the fat content, but dark meat or thigh meat has a lot of flavor.
The choice is personal, but both are packed with protein.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to access this and hundreds more healthy recipes.
- 1 lb chicken breast fillets
- 8 tablespoons reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces then dip into milk, followed by breadcrumbs.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake in oven for 25 minutes, turning once.
- Serve nuggets on a bed of baby spinach with mayonnaise on the side for dipping.
If you loved this recipe, which came straight out of our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, then why not sign up get access to 1,000 more recipes just like this one?
Our recipes are nutritious, family-friendly and delicious too!
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy? Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.