Make your own healthy, delicious alternative to fast food chicken nuggets with this quick and easy recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
As with fish fingers, store-bought chicken nuggets can be full of ingredients that are not identifiable as food, plus a lot of unnecessary salt.
Some are better than others but, nutritionally, you can’t beat homemade. Choosing breast meat reduces the fat content, but dark meat or thigh meat has a lot of flavor.
The choice is personal, but both are packed with protein.
- 1 lb chicken breast fillets
- 8 tablespoons reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces then dip into milk, followed by breadcrumbs.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake in oven for 25 minutes, turning once.
- Serve nuggets on a bed of baby spinach with mayonnaise on the side for dipping.
If you loved this recipe, which came straight out of our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, then why not sign up get access to 1,000 more recipes just like this one?
Our recipes are nutritious, family-friendly and delicious too!