Throughout this month’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, these moms (and so many more!) will be here to give you advice, guidance and some great motivation tips when you need it.
Make sure you join our great supportive Community (HERE) to help you on your journey.
Join thousands of moms and change your life with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Today we introduce you to your MOTIVATING MOMS for March. These moms are here to help you stay on track, stay motivated and help you kick your goals during the latest challenge!
Meet, Samantha Kelly
“Hi, my name is Samantha, and I’m 32 with 3 girls 8,6 & 4. We currently are stationed in Germany (Air Force wife here lol).
So far since committing to the Healthy Mommy in January, I have lost 4.5lbs and several inches off my body.
My goals for March are to continue to lose pounds and inches but also keep boosting my confidence and changing my mind to keep this lifestyle change going.
There have been tons of benefits for me with Healthy Mommy not just physical as results show and being less tired but emotionally I feel better.
I have the attitude of “I can do this, I will do this and I am doing this”… a lot of it for myself because I want & need to feel better about myself but also for my family and the Healthy Mommy has started to help me do that.
I’m doing the Healthy Mommy to feel better about myself, to look better and to be healthier…I’m learning it’s not all about the scale.
My goal is to be around 150lbs but ultimately to be healthier, learning healthier habits & sticking with them.”
Samantha’s tips for moms getting started
- Take it one day at a time.
- Use the mind power feature in the app to help change/adapt your thinking, that is most times our biggest issue getting to a healthier us.
- Start by switching out one meal or snack a day, little changes will lead to bigger ones.
Samantha’s tips on how to keep going when you feel like giving up
- Use the Healthy Mommy FB support group, someone is always posting which keeps you going, encouraged & motivated and when you don’t feel motivated post about it, we will rally behind you to get you motivated again.
- Set weekly or even daily goals to make it seem less daunting which keeps you going.
- When you think you can’t, say you can and start by doing 5 or 10 minutes of some form of exercise.. most likely you’ll want to keep going.
Meet, Aimee Lennox
“Hi, my name is Aimee and I’m a 42 year old full time working mom from Michigan. My kids are 8 and 6 years old.
I’ve been with Healthy Mommy since June 2019 so I have done 10 challenges and going onto my 11th challenge. I have seen such great results with the challenges and have fun in the process with all the mommies on here.
I cannot stress enough to please take pictures and measure ladies! The scale does not tell all.
I want to lose 8 more pounds but I also am going to see what feels right for my body. I lose weight the same way I expect to maintain it. My workouts and eating habits I establish now are my lifestyle forever. So nothing impossible to maintain works for me.
Aimee’s tips for moms starting out
- Figure out a routine that works for you that you can stick with every week. Working out 3 times great! More than that great. Make it realistic.
- Keep breakfast and lunches the same all week. Keep it simple.
- Drink your water.
Meet, Kai Helen Cooper
“Hi everyone! My name is Kai-Helin, I’m 39 and have 2 kids, ages 4 years and 8 months. We live in Nebraska.
I have lost 16 lbs. since Summer 2019 on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. I joined a couple of weeks postpartum, and wanted to get back to my pre-baby weight and fit in my clothes
My goal for 2020 is to lose the remaining 7 lbs. and gain more strength.
When starting out, make sure to take your measurements and photos; calculate your daily calories on the app, small changes go a long way.”
Meet, Jenny Guy Barrett
“Hi, I’m Jenny, 39, with 3 kids aged 7, 5 and 4 from Colorado.
I’ve lost 2 inches off my waist and hips, dropped a clothing size, and gained lean muscle. I’ve been doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for 10 months.
I’m doing the challenge because I love the food and it works for my family. I’m no longer having to cook separate meals. Also because it helps keep me motivated.”
“My goal for 2020 is to continue eating healthy and to work on gaining muscle to get stronger in my workouts.”
Jenny’s tips for moms getting started
- Take it one step at a time. If it’s too much to change your entire meal plan at once, take it one meal at a time.
- Give yourself some grace, things won’t be perfect.
- Give yourself 10 mins and if you’re still not feeling the workout, go for a walk and do the workout the next day. Most times you’ll feel to good to quit.
Jenny’s tips on how to keep going when you feel like giving up
- Remember your reason why.
- Get on The Healthy Mommy FB support page as there are so many amazing ladies supporting one another.
- Make visuals or goals to work towards.
“Hi, I’m 38, and I live in Virginia with my husband and our two daughters who are 6 and 10 years old.
I have been following The Healthy Mommy since May 2018 and I’ve lost 33lbs! In January this year, I reached my goal weight of 150lbs, and now I’m focussing on building muscle and decreasing body fat.
One of the best things about The Healthy Mommy is the food! All the glorious food!
I love food and I eat 2150 calories a day. I workout 6-7 times a week and I love it. I run and weight train and use the Healthy Mommy app exercises to compliment this routine. I love the Power Yoga!
The Healthy Mommy app is brilliant. I have my calorie tracker, water tracker, exercises and it syncs with my smart watch, thousands of recipes and of course, the meal plan that is released every Wednesday. I love it all! I’m so organized now!
Sheridan’s top tips for success
- Set long term goals. What are you hoping to achieve? Is it a clothing size? A particular weight? A body fat percentage? Do you want to be able to run a certain distance/time?
- Set short terms goals. I set weekly fitness and water intake goals. It helps me stay on track during the week.
- Try to eat as close to your calories as you can. Trust the process. It really works. No more starving ourselves.
“If you are wondering how to start, my tips are to concentrate on water intake; move your body a little – even if it’s a short walk or a quick 4 minute Tabata from the app, every little bit counts; and try to eat your daily recommended calories.”
“My goals for March are to continue to build muscle – with a particular focus on the booty and to decrease the amount of resistance I use to help me do my daily pull-ups.”
Meet, Marcia Nix MCTAGGART
“Hi, I am Marcia, 34, from Alabama.
I’ve lost 15lbs with Healthy Mommy and 2 pants sizes (from a tight 16 to a very comfortable 12), gone from an XL top to a M/L.
My goals for March include:
- Drink 100oz of water daily
- 3 workouts each week
- 3 walks each week
- Stick closely to meal plan
I’ve just finished my 10th challenge round. However, I had a shoulder injury for a bit and then had surgery. So most of my loss has been 100% in the kitchen as I haven’t been able to workout for 5 full rounds.
I have seen many health benefits!! My knee (which has arthritis) hasn’t been hurting as much! I also have more energy!! My clothes are fitting much better, and I’ve gained confidence back!!”
My why is for ME! I’ve been doing everything for my kids and my husband for years. I’ve let myself go, saying “it’s ok, I’ll get back to me soon”. Well, that time is now. If I don’t take care of myself, how can I care for everyone else?!?
My goal for 2020 that I’m working toward is to get to my goal weight and maintain. I’m taking a trip with my husband in June and I have a goal to lose 10lbs and be in a size 10 by that trip. I have a total of 15 to lose to hit my goal weight!
Marcia’s tips for moms just getting started:
- Take progress photos and measurements.
- Do NOT just strictly rely on the scale.
- Drink your water
- Move your body!
Marcia’s tips on how to keep going:
- Take things day by day.
- If you have a bad day, give yourself some slack. Don’t give up, just move on to the next meal.
- Set small goals. Don’t try to change too much, too fast
Meet, Kate Grimmell
“Hi, I am Kate, 37, a mum of two boys aged 6 and 4 from Las Vegas, NV.
Since joining The Healthy Mommy in May, I’ve lost 10 lbs, 1 pants size, 8 inches and I’ve gained confidence, self-worth and a new understanding of how to properly fuel my body.
I’ve joined The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because I wanted to change my relationship with food. I’ve tried SO many diets in the past few decades and I’ve had some success, but nothing sustainable.
The Healthy Mommy has shown me, in such a short amount of time, how to properly fuel my body. It has shown me that I don’t have to limit a food group from my meal plan, that I don’t have to give up chocolate or delicious snacks. That I don’t have to give up pasta or fruit. I don’t have to give up anything! Instead, I eat healthy versions of what I love.
My reasons why include being healthy and happy with my two boys, husband, and dogs, but it’s also because I’m worth it.
I lost a lot of who I was, suffering from PPD and PP Anxiety after the birth of both my children. Exercise was a HUGE element of returning back to myself and finding mental stability. In that, I’ve discovered how important it is for me to consistently exercise and make myself and my health a priority.
I like to include my kids on long walks, bike rides, running around at the park, walking the dogs and even doing at-home workouts with the app in our living room. Love how I’ve rediscovered myself with the help of The Healthy Mommy.
I’d like to lose at least 40 more pounds, but more than a number, I really want to get to a place where I’d feel comfortable, completely, in my skin. I’m not after skinny, I’m after healthy and strong.
Kate’s tips for mom getting started
- Meal prep! I really feel that prepping is key to success. You prep for success. If you have everything planned out and prepped, then you’re reaching for items that are healthy and tracked in your calorie budget already.
- Any exercise counts All exercise is important, whether it’s a 5 minute workout from the app or an hour run or a 30 minute walk. Mental health is so important and exercise decreases the stress hormone, which makes us all happier 🙂 Get moving and find your happy 🙂
- Utilize the app The app will meal plan for you. Go in a customize, based on what is in your pantry, fridge, freezer…this will help cut down on grocery bills. After you’ve customized, print off your shopping list. Mark your meals on the calendar or print off the overview. You can shuffle things around throughout the week if you need to, sometimes we have more leftovers than planned.
- Use the workouts on the app, stream them to your TV if you can, or do it from your phone. I really feel that there are no excuses for great food choices or workouts when everything is right in the palm of your hand. You’re set up for success with The Healthy Mommy!
Meet, Cindy Siegemund
“Hi, I’m Cindy, 37, I have 2 kids aged 7 & 4 and I live in Michigan USA.
I have been following The Healthy Mommy for a few years now. Last year I lost 30 pounds over 12 months.
I am doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because it motivates me to stick to a plan, I also want to teach my kids about healthy eating. I want to be fit and healthy and be proud to be in photos with my family.
My goal for 2020 is to lose 15 lbs and hope to fit into my wedding dress by November to celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary.
I’d also like to focus on toning my arms and tummy.
Cindy’s tips for moms getting started
- Take progress photos and measurements. Write up your goals and make a motivation board with images that inspire you. Put it on your fridge or phone screensaver.
- Repeat meals throughout the week, this can save time and money. Swap meals that don’t excite you to something you will enjoy, there are so many recipes to choose from in the app.
- Get your family involved, have the kids in the kitchen helping you and let your husband choose a couple of meals for the week. Their support will help you stay on track.
- When I feel like giving up I remind myself of my goals. Look through progress photos. Try a new recipe.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today!
The worldwide moms only program giving YOU results fast
The #1 moms-only weight loss brand has helped moms lose over 6,000,000 pounds, Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is made for busy moms!
We offer customizable, affordable and family friendly meal plans that make healthy eating easy and sustainable.
We have over 350 full length workout videos that are perfect for busy moms and also cater for postpartum moms.
- Budget & family friendly, realistic for busy moms
- Fast, effective exercises that are done at home
- Mom-only community