Throughout November’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, these eight awesome moms will be here to give you advice, guidance and some great motivation tips when you need it.
Meet our November Motivating Moms
Today we introduce you to your NOVEMBER MOTIVATING MOMS, with a bit about each mom, and their top tips for keeping you focused and motivated throughout this month’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Kai-Helin, 39, is a mom of two girls aged three and a half and 4.5 months from Nebraska.
Kai joined The Healthy Mommy (lifetime membership) in June 2019, 2 weeks postpartum. She has been participating in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge ever since.
Kai shares, “My goal was to get back to pre-baby weight and shape. At the end of July, I was selected to be part of 12 weeks of The Healthy Mommy global squad and during this time I’ve lost around 11 pounds, and am halfway to my desired weight.
“I’ve had a love-hate relationship with food, and I love how The Healthy Mommy is shifting this focus, nothing is off limits really.”
I’m following The Healthy Mommy meal plan to an extent but not 100%, keeping active, and am losing weight. Slowly but steadily.
Kai’s favorite 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe
Kai’s top tips
- Exercise when it suits – try to find a time in your day that works best for exercising. Mine is early in the morning before going to work. It sets a great tone for the day and energizes.
- Drink water and green tea – I personally love tea and green tea, and it has many health benefits.
- Try The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipes – it’s not a diet, and you won’t miss out on anything.
Sheridan, 38, from Virginia is a mom of two girls aged six and nine.
Sheridan has been following The Healthy Mommy since May 2018 and in that time has lost 27 pounds.
“I am fitter, stronger and healthier than I think I have ever been. I have about 6 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight, but I am more focused on building lean muscle and getting stronger.”
Sheridan’s favorite 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe
Sheridan adds, “I love the Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app – I can track my calories, water, exercise, plan meals for the week with so many recipes to try, and workouts at my fingertips! My favorites are the Stronger program and Tabata.”
Sheridan’s top tips
- Be consistent
- Meal prep to avoid making bad choices
- Move your body, even just a little bit every day
- Join The Healthy Mommy community, it is amazing and is always there to support you! It’s so unique and I’m so proud to be a part of it.
Marcia Nic McTaggart
Marcia is a SAHM with two boys, aged four and six, from Huntsville, AL.
Marcia has been with The Healthy Mommy for 6 months and has lost 13 pounds, 2 dress sizes, and a bra size!
“I have a goal of another 15ish pounds. I’m doing this challenge to be a better me. I have a goal to get to a size 10 (I have size goals, not really “weight” goals).”
Marcia’s favorite 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe
“My favorite meal is a tossup between the Korean beef with Rice and the Zucchini Noodle Bolognese. My favorite snack is the cucumber stacks and the Peanut butter cups.”
Marcia’s top tips
- Prep your food
- Drink PLENTY of water—this is something I struggle with!
- Take progress photos and measurements. You may not see movement in the scale, but you WILL see progress in photos!
Cindy, 37, is a mom of two, aged 7 & 4, from Michigan USA.
Cindy has been following the Healthy Mommy for about 6 years since her firstborn was 6 months old and lost 55 pounds.
Cindy shares, “I then had my second child and continued my Healthy Mommy journey losing another 55 pounds.
“I had managed to maintain my weight loss for a few years until I went through a stressful time (moving internationally) resulting in another restart in January this year, I have lost 30 pounds so far and I would like to lose another 5 pounds.
“My motivation this time round came from a wake-up call at the doctors when I was told I had high blood pressure, after 6 months and losing 22 pounds my blood pressure went back to normal.
Cindy’s favorite 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe
Cindy adds, “I am doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because it motivates me to stick to a plan, I also want to teach my kids about healthy eating. I want to be fit and healthy and be proud to be in photos with my family.”
Cindy’s top tips
- Go through the meal plan and if you see anything that doesn’t work for you swap it to a recipe that excites you, you are more likely to stick to a meal plan that you are excited about. Remember you can always just adjust the protein or veg in a recipe to make it work for you.
- Get your kids involved, having the family on board will help you feel supported and also stick to the plan. I have every family member help choose one meal for the week (if you’re just starting out think of things your kids already love and I’m sure there will be healthy mommy healthy version such as pizza, burgers, chicken nuggets, spaghetti). Have the kids help in the kitchen and they will be excited about the food too.
- Exercise. With exercise, if you’re starting out just start with walking- walking is great physical exercise and also great for the mind. Then you can choose to increase your workouts as you get more active. I find the exercises in the Healthy Mommy app are great if you don’t really know what you’re doing and if you’re not a fan of the gym.
Jenny Guy Barrett
Jenny, 39, is from Colorado, where she lives with her husband and three children who are aged 7, 5, and almost 3.
Jenny joined the Healthy Mommy in May 2019 after looking for a better way to eat that was also healthy.
Jenny shares, “I love to exercise but couldn’t figure out how to make food work for me as well as for my family. I was tired of cooking different meals because I wasn’t eating this or that. I have not lost weight since joining but that was not a goal.
“My goal was to learn to eat healthily and gain lean muscle. I have definitely gained muscle! I also lost 2 inches off my waist and hips and went down a clothing size. I no longer restrict food groups, have more energy, sleep better, and overall so much happier!”
“I’m doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because it helps keep me motivated, makes it easier to stay on track, and helps to show my kids how to be healthy.”
Jenny’s favorite 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe
Just some of the yummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge bliss ball recipes include:
- Chocolate bliss balls
- 5 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Crumble Balls
- 3 Ingredient “Snickers” Protein Balls
- 5 Ingredient Lemon & Coconut Bliss Balls
- Apricot and Oat Bliss Balls
Jenny’s top tips
- Take it one step at a time.
- Give yourself some grace, things won’t be perfect.
- Give yourself 10 mins and if you’re still not feeling the workout, go for a walk and do the workout the next day.
Jenny’s motivation tips
- Remember your reason why
- Get on The Healthy Mummy Community Support Group as there are so many amazing ladies supporting one another
- Make visuals or goals to work towards.
Aimee, 41, is married with two kids, aged 7 years and 6 years.
Aimee joined Healthy Mommy in June 2019 and has lost over 10 pounds.
Aimee shares, “I work full time outside the home in a rewarding but often stressful career. Balancing work and home can be tough. Quick meals use to be my way but they were not healthy. Working out and unhealthy eating did not work. That was the photo on the left. Summer of 2016 I was on the struggle bus.
“Now I’m four 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges in after joining Healthy Mommy in June 2019.
“I’ve dropped about 10-12 pounds (depends on the time of the month). I’ve totally changed my body shape. I’ve taken an inch off my hips and thighs and over an inch off my chest. I have shape and tone in my arms and thighs.
“My family eats healthy and I don’t stress what to make for meals anymore!”
Aimee’s top tips
- Repeat snacks, lunches, and breakfasts. Pick 1-2 and repeat them during meal prep. It cuts time, costs, and stress. In the morning I pack my lunch bag in 30 seconds. Lunch and 2 snacks. Zip and done.
- Double batch dinners and freeze half. Then you are ready for crazy nights or nights you don’t feel your best. You can still eat healthy with your freezer stash.
- Grocery pickup. These people are my angels. I pull in and they put my food in my car and I leave in 5 minutes. Time saver. Now I have a workout and meal prep time so spare!
Emma Robertson, 38, is mom to one bio daughter who is about the turn 13 and 3 bonus kids – girl 20, boy 16 and girl 15 as well as 2 grandbaby boys who are 2 and 1. Originally from Australia but she now lives in Western PA.
Emma shares, “I lost 20 pounds in the first 6 months and have maintained this weight for the last 2 years. My goals are to tone up and increase the weights that I am using.
“I stalked the page from the beginning of 2017 and joined in September 2017.
“I am doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because it takes the worry out of what I am going to cook the family for dinner and how to make good food choices as well as great exercise options.
“I want to be the best example of health to my kids and so that I can keep up with my grandbabies.”
Emma adds, “My goal for this month is to feel comfortable in my Christmas party dress.”
“I have noticed an increase in my energy, better skin, less snoring, I can fit back into old clothes and have the confidence to rock them, since starting the Healthy Mommy.”
Emma’s favorite 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe
Emma’s top tips
- Make sure that you are comfortable with the app – it is going to be your best tool.
- Choose snacks and breakfast that are easy to make and can either be made in bulk or repeated.
- Don’t be afraid of trying different things that you usually wouldn’t.
Emma’s motivation tips
- Go back to your reason WHY you are doing this in the first place.
- Make small achievable goals so that you are seeing successes.
- Reward your achievements along the way with non-food-related things – eg. a long bath, doing your nails, putting on a face mask, taking yourself to the movies, have a girls night.
Kate, 36, is a mom of two boys, five and a half and three and a half. She is a teacher and a librarian and has just started working again after being a SAHM for the past (almost) 6 years.
Kate joined The Healthy Mommy in May 2019 when it launched in the USA and has lost 13 pounds, 11 inches and gained a TON of self-confidence, self-worth, motivation, and amazing friends and unending support from the other mommies in the Community support group. (Join HERE)
Kate shares, “I love how the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app simplifies my life with the meal planning and the workouts all at my fingertips.”
Kate’s top tips
- Double up on snacks/lunches/breakfasts throughout the week. This cuts down on prep time too 🙂 Personally, I love to repeat the same snack for all my morning’s snacks, eat the same breakfast every day as well as lunch (but it’s so easy to swap and customize so you can do whatever is best for you).
- Write down goals for the week/month and post them where you can see them on a daily basis to stay motivated.
- Post in the Healthy Mommy support group when you’re struggling. There is always someone else who is struggling too and you can motivate each other AND you will receive uplifting words of love and encouragement from other mamas who have been there before.
- Any movement counts! There are workouts ranging from 4 minutes to 30+ minutes on the app and SO many to choose from that you’ll never get bored. Mix it up and have fun or follow one of the programs.
Thanks for sharing a bit about yourselves Motivating Mums! We can’t wait to kick some goals with you during the November 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Want to make the change? Join these mums and many more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
The no.1 moms only health, fitness & weight loss program
Take part now in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – made for BUSY moms!
It is like a PT, Coach, Nutritionist & Chef – ALL IN YOUR POCKET – with EASY to follow food & fitness plans
You get unrestricted access to :
● Nutritionist & chef-designed weekly meal plans
● Personal Trainer crafted At-home workouts- 28 minutes and under
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalized Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 1,400 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● REAL-TIME support from The Healthy Mommy Team and 100,000’s of other moms