These amazing moms are all here to help keep you motivated on the October 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Today we would like to introduce you to your 6 OCTOBER MOTIVATING MOMS, with a bit of info about each one, and their top tips for keeping you focused and motivated on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Cindy, 37, is a mum of two children aged 7 & 4, from Michigan USA.
Cindy has been following the Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for about 6 years and lost 55 pounds. She then had her second child and continued the Healthy Mommy journey losing another 55 pounds.
Cindy shares, “I had managed to maintain my weight loss for a few years until I went through a stressful time (moving internationally) resulting in another restart in January this year, I have lost 27 pounds so far and I would like to lose another 10 pounds. My motivation this time around came from a wake-up call at the doctor’s when I was told I had high blood pressure. After 6 months and losing 22 pounds my blood pressure went back to normal.”
Cindy’s favorite recipes
“My favorite Healthy Mommy meal at the moment is the Chilli Pork Bowl and my favorite snack is the Florentines.”
Cindy’s top 3 tips
- Personalize your meal plan. Go through the meal plan and if you see anything that doesn’t work for you swap it to a recipe that excites you, you are more likely to stick to a meal plan that you are excited about. Remember you can always just adjust the protein or veg in a recipe to make it work for you.
- Get your kids involved. Having the family on board will help you feel supported and also stick to the plan. I have every family member help choose one meal for the week (if you’re just starting out think of things your kids already love and I’m sure there will be Healthy Mommy version such as pizza, burgers, chicken nuggets, spaghetti). Have the kids help in the kitchen and they will be excited about the food too.
- Start slow with exercise. If you’re starting out just start with walking- walking is great physical exercise and also great for the mind. Then you can choose to increase your workouts as you get more active. I find the exercises in the Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app is great if you don’t really know what you’re doing and if you’re not a fan of the gym.
Cindy adds, “I am doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because it motivates me to stick to a plan, I also want to teach my kids about healthy eating. I want to be fit and healthy and proud to be in photos with my family.”
Sheridan, 38, is a mum of two daughters aged 6 and 9, from Virginia.
Sheridan has been following The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge since May 2018 and has lost 24 lbs, a fatty liver and, high cholesterol.
Sheridan shares, “I still have about 15lbs to my original goal weight, but now I am more focussed on weight training and dropping body fat.”
Sheridan’s favorite recipe
“My favorite Healthy Mummy meal is definitely the Pork Pad Thai and favorite snack has got to be the Choc Chip Banana Bread (though there are SO many great choices on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge).”
Sheridan’s top 3 tips
- Start small, swap out a couple of meals, to begin with, like snacks and build from there. Prep snacks beforehand to avoid temptation.
- Eat to your recommended calories – it really works! No more starving yourself!
- Drink loads of water!
Sherida adds, “I am doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because it makes my life easier, it keeps me on track, and I want to be the healthiest version of myself and a good role model for my daughters.
My current long term goals are to be able to run 5km in 30 minutes (I’ve only just got back into running), and to do an unassisted pull-up!”
Heather Krumbholz, 33, is a mum of two girls aged 1 & 3, and lives in Florida.
With the help of The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, Heather has lost 12 pounds, dropped 2 sizes, and moved to a healthy body fat range.
Heather shares, “My current goal is to maintain weight, lift heavier weights, and drop by body fat a little more. I have been doing the 28 Day Challenge Weight Loss Challenge for 3 months.”
Heather’s favorite recipe
“My favorite meal is Roasted cauliflower nachos. My favorite snack is Spinach balls and for dessert, I love the Choc lava cake.”
Why Healthy Mommy?
Heather says, “I started the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because I wanted to fit in my jeans. (Size 6, currently in a 2). Then I kept going because my overall health improved (lower body fat). I am also loving that I can provide healthy foods to my kids that they actually want to eat. My current goal is to lower my body fat to the low healthy range.”
Heather’s top 3 tips
- Track your calories
- Drink your water
- Prep at least 1 snack (For the greatest success, prep enough snacks for 3 a day even if it’s the same snack or veggies sticks.)
Emma, 37, a mum of 4 kids aged 19, 16, 15 and 12 from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Emma started with the Healthy Mommy back in September 2016 and lost 20lbs and has since maintained this loss.
Emma’s favorite recipes
Grab the recipes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe hub.
Emma says, “I love using the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge as it takes the guesswork out of what the family are having for dinner. It gives me a fantastic tool to track my eating during the day. The workouts are great to have on hand.”
“I can be the healthy, happy, organized mommy to help my family run like clockwork.
“I am at my goal weight and would like to maintain this weight but there is always room for fitness improvement. I would like to be able to stay that I am a runner.”
Emma’s top 3 tips
- Swap for healthy meal versions. Find the favorite meals your family are already eating and swap to the Healthy Mommy version on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app.
- Keep your snacks simple and repeat during the week.
- Repeat breakfasts but mix it up on the weekend so that you can experiment.
Since being on The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Emma has noticed that her sleep patterns have improved (less snoring), her skin has FAR fewer breakouts, and she is able to keep her cool longer (not losing her temper over the slightest thing).
“My kids call me a chef because they love all of the food that I ‘create’. The kids are proud of my physical achievements – muscles and being able to show them up at the gym.”
Kate, 36, is mum of two boys aged 5.5 and 3.5 from Las Vegas, NV.
Since joining The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge in May 2019, Kate has lost 11 lbs, 1 pants size, bra size, and shirt size, 11 inches and gained confidence, self-worth and a new understanding of how to properly fuel her body.
Kate’s favorite recipe
“My favorite meal is the Chicken, Cashew and Broccoli Stir Fry. My favorite snack is the Low-Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (it was incredibly hard to pick a favorite because everything I’ve made has been delicious!).”
Why Healthy Mommy?
Kate shares, “I joined The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because I wanted to change my relationship with food. I’ve tried SO many diets in the past few decades and I’ve had some success, but nothing sustainable.
“The Healthy Mommy has shown me, in such a short amount of time, how to properly fuel my body. It has shown me that I don’t have to limit a food group from my meal plan, that I don’t have to give up chocolate or delicious snacks. That I don’t have to give up pasta or fruit. I don’t have to give up anything! Instead, I eat healthy versions of what I love.”
“My reasons include being healthy and happy with my two boys, husband and dogs, but it’s also because I’m worth it.
“I lost a lot of who I was, suffering from PPD and PP Anxiety after the birth of both my children.
“Exercise was a HUGE element of returning back to myself and finding mental stability. I’ve discovered how important it is for me to consistently exercise and make myself and my health a priority. I like to include my kids in long walks, bike rides, running around at the park, walking the dogs and even doing at-home workouts with the app in our living room. Love how I’ve rediscovered myself with the help of The Healthy Mommy!
“I’d like to lose at least 40 more pounds, but more than a number, I really want to get to a place where I’d feel comfortable, completely, in my skin. I’m not after skinny, I’m after healthy and strong.”
Kate’s top 3 tips
- Meal prep! I really feel that prepping is the key to success. You prep for success. If you have everything planned out and prepped, then you’re reaching for items that are healthy and tracked in your calorie budget already.
- Any exercise counts! All exercise is important, whether it’s a 5-minute workout from the app or an hour run or a 30-minute walk. Mental health is so important and exercise decreases the stress hormone, which makes us all happier. Get moving and find your happy.
- Utilize the app. It will meal plan for you. Go in and customize, based on what is in your pantry, fridge, freezer, this will help cut down on grocery bills. After you’ve customized, print off your shopping list. Mark your meals on the calendar or print off the overview. You can shuffle things around throughout the week if you need to, sometimes we have more leftovers than planned. Use the workouts on the app, stream them to your TV if you can, or do it from your phone.
I really feel that there are no excuses for great food choices or workouts when everything is right in the palm of your hand. You’re set up for success with The Healthy Mommy!”
Marcia Nix McTaggart
Marcia is a SAHM with two boys, aged 4 and 6 from Huntsville, AL.
Marcia has been doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for five months and lost 12lbs, a dress size, and a bra size!
Her goal is to lose another 15ish lbs.
Marcia’s favorite recipe
“My favorite meal is a tossup between the Korean beef with Rice and the Zucchini Noodle Bolognese.”
Her favorite snack is the cucumber stacks and the Peanut butter cups.
Marcia shares, “I’m doing this challenge to be a better me. I have a goal to get to a size 10 (I have size goals, not really “weight” goals).
Marica’s top 3 tips
- Meal prep – Prep your food
- Drink PLENTY of water—this is something I struggle with!
- Take progress photos and measure. You may not see movement in the scale, but you WILL see progress in photos!!
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
The only program made for Busy Moms
You get unrestricted access to :
● Over 350 at home workouts
● Nutritionist designed weekly meal plans
● Fitness Trainer crafted at-home workouts
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 1,400 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips