Not only are these Mexican inspired tacos packed with flavor, but they are also packed with nutrients to keep you going all day.
They are loaded with protein from the cheese, yogurt, and beans, which provides a healthy metabolism boost.
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
Prep time 5 min
Cook time 15 min
- 2oz canned kidney beans
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/8 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 mini tortilla wraps
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine the kidney beans, cumin, crushed tomatoes, garlic, diced tomato and cilantro in a saucepan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Combine the cabbage, onion, fresh herbs, yogurt and lime juice to form a coleslaw.
- Heat the tortillas according to packet directions and top each with some of the Mexican beans, some coleslaw and a sprinkle of grated cheese to serve. Two soft tacos makes one serving.
406 calories per serving.
Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.