Healthy Mommy Amy Thompson has overcome some serious obstacles to get where she is today! Starting at 262 lbs she is now down to 190 lbs and says, “The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app was a game changer!
Having access to so many healthy recipes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge on the app opened up Amy’s eyes and helped her to learn about healthy swaps.
Mom loses 72 lbs AND conquers serious health issues!
Amy started living her Healthy Mommy lifestyle just over a year ago, sitting at her heaviest weight after dealing with the loss of her husband.
Amy says, “I got to the point where I needed to focus on my health. I had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), crippling IBS symptoms, fatty liver disease and extremely sore knees (that would dislocate under the pressure of my weight).”
So Amy started to change her habits, little by little and they soon turned into big results!
Joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge set Amy on her path for success.
She says, “I soon learned that healthy eating did not have to be boring! Even my son’s eating has drastically changed. He actually eats vegetables now!’
One of the things that kept Amy going, besides the determination to beat her battles was the Healthy Mommy Facebook Community. She says, ‘The community was behind me every step of the way, cheering me on! By having a safe place to share my worries, share my successes and a place to learn about leading a healthy lifestyle, it gave me the building blocks I needed to reach my goals.’
The Healthy Mommy hasn’t just changed Amy’s physical appearance either. “I have gone from being shy, anxious, and depressed, to an outgoing, active, positive, brave and healthy mom. I have discovered the real me!”
And the BEST news is? – ‘The doctor told me that due to the incredible amount of weight I had lost I have cured my fatty liver disease and he has told me I officially don’t have PCOS anymore. And my knees are stronger than ever! I can even run continually for over 3 miles!”
Here are Amy’s TOP TIPS for anyone starting out
- Start slow! Focus on taking small steps. Don’t over complicate things by rushing into everything.
- Meal Prep! Start by doubling meals and freezing them. It stops the fast food trips on those nights when you are too tired to cook. Batch cook your snacks too (like these Whole Wheat Choc Chip Muffins).
- Focus on only losing 10 lbs at a time. Sometimes the big number you need to lose can really discourage you. I set non-food related rewards for every 10 lbs lost.
- Learn how to read food labels! You will be shocked to find all the hidden sugar.
- Meal plan! This helped me to learn how to consciously eat. Those sneaky snacks will soon disappear.
- When tempted with not so good food, tell yourself “I don’t WANT that food” instead of “I CANT have that food”. It’s all a mental game! The rebel in you will want it more if you CAN’T have the food but if you don’t WANT the food, the cravings soon go away.
Amy has lost over 72 lbs and is showing no signs of slowing down! She can’t wait to reach her goal weight. WATCH THIS SPACE!
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.
*Images and references to pounds lost are as supplied by the individual in the story. The Healthy Mommy assumes information and photographs supplied to be true in nature and is not responsible for any false misrepresentations or claims relating to their programs or products.