This mom has lost 77lbs and is set to knock the next 20lbs off fast
After losing 77 lbs in 16 months thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge mom Shantelle van der Leeuw is kicking goals left right and centre but she has one left! She is ready and raring to kick the last 20 lbs and hit her goal weight.
She is hitting the gym doing 700 lb leg presses and eating her calories to be healthy and kick even more goals before the year ends.
“This last 20 pounds I’m finding very hard to lose,” admits Shantelle but she has a plan to kick it in no time.
Shantelle’s next 20lbs weight loss plan
Shantelle’s next goals are to lose the last 20 lbs, tone up her tummy, do 220 lb squats by the end of the year and be able to do unassisted tricep dips and pull-ups.
“I have finally hit 700 lbs on the incline leg press which 660 lbs was my previous goal so I’m trying to hit 750 lbs,” she said.
Incorporating The Healthy Mommy butt and thigh workouts into her leg days to mix it up a bit, Shantelle also loves to focus on her working out her legs.
“Legs are my favorite body part to train, I designate a 2.5 hour gym session a week to train legs as it is what I most enjoy,” she says.
Previously following a low carb diet, Shantelle has found with her current energy expenditure, her weight loss has done a flip and she doesn’t lose weight unless she eats enough calories. Shantelle has been reintroducing carbs and eating more carbs on the days she knows she will be using more energy.
Shantelle’s typical day on a plate
- Breakfast: “I always have a protein smoothie for breakfast- varying in flavors,” Shantelle says.
- Snack: Raw fruit and vegetables.
- Lunch: Some form of flavored chicken, vegetable and rice.
- Dinner: Roast vegetables and meat.
Meal prep is everything for Shantelle’s family.
“Hubby is now on board, he is trying to bulk at the moment so we meal prep together and we add a lot more carbs to his meals because our goals are different.”
Shantelle doesn’t cook at all during the week, leaving her meal prep to just once a week with her husband, which allows them both to alternate getting to the gym after work. Staying super organized by scheduling all their gym sessions allows them to both get to the gym 6 times a week!
Join Shantelle on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today!
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customizable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy moms – under 30 minutes
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to a library of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To learn more about our 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE CLICK HERE