As we approach one of our favorite holidays of the year some of our Healthy Mommy moms share how they are spending Thanksgiving and provide valuable tips for how to stay on track with weight loss during the holiday season.
Sheridan has lost 29.5 lbs
Sheridan from Virginia has lost 29.5 lbs following The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges.
She says “We will start Thanksgiving with the Healthy Mommy Baked Pear Breakfast Crumble. It is so easy to make, the kids love it and it tastes delicious!”.
Healthy Mommy Baked Pear Breakfast Crumble (recipe available via the 28 Day Challenge App)
“For Thanksgiving this year, I am not cooking at home. Instead we are off to one of my hubby’s work friends houses with a bunch of work people.
We’ve been given the job of bringing appetizers so I’m going to bring the Healthy Mommy Pumpkin Bread, Pork Sausage Rolls and the Tuna with Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese”.
Healthy Mommy Pumpkin Bread – Get the free recipe
Healthy Mommy Pork Sausage Rolls – recipe available to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members
Tune with Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese (recipe available to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge members)
“I love Tuna Bake Mac and Cheese – it is like some of my favorite dishes combined into one! Super easy and delicious!. I’ve made these for this group before and it’s gone down a treat”.
Mini Custard Pumpkin Pies
Some other guilt free Thanksgiving treats that Sheridan recommends making are the Mini Custard Pumpkin Pies from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge App.
Sheridan says “When my girls wanted something to warm them up and fill their bellies, I checked the App and found the Mini Custard Pumpkin Pies.
They are super easy to make, taste delicious and are a lovely way to warm up on a Fall afternoon! I will be making these again!”.
Sheridan ‘s tips for staying on track with weight loss over Thanksgiving
1. Have you been asked to bring a dish? Use The Healthy Mummy App to find something healthy and delicious. I’ll be bringing the Pumpkin Bread to Thanksgiving dinner.
2. Enjoy yourself but try to limit alcohol. Stay hydrated.
3. Make the best choices you can with what you have access too. Don’t overindulge on the less healthy stuff. Moderation!
Cindy has lost 30 lbs over the last 9 months
Mom-of-two Cindy from Michigan has lost 30 lbs over the last 9 months by following The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges.
Cindy says “I’m not cooking for Thanksgiving as we will be on vacation in Chicago but I am still planning on staying on track”.
Cindy’s tips for staying on track over Thanksgiving
1. Portion control. Have little of everything so you don’t feel like you’ve missed out but know when to stop.
2. If you want to drink alcohol, make a commitment to yourself on how many you will have and drink a glass of water between every drink.
3. Try and keep the indulgent food to just the one day and don’t get in the habit of continuing to overeat/drink days after. Get back on track the next day.
Paleo Pumpkin and Coconut Pie – Get the free recipe
Cindy recommends that if you are planning to make a Pumpkin Pie try making The Healthy Mommy Paleo Pumpkin and Coconut pie instead. She says “the whole family love this pumpkin pie, The pumpkin filling is really yummy and has a great flavor.”
Aimee from Michigan has lost 10 lbs
Mom of Aimee from Michigan has lost 10 lbs with The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges.
Aimee has a busy day at work (starting at 7.00am) the day after thanksgiving and says “For Thanksgiving my mom and dad make the dinner.
She is not much of a fan of the traditional Thanksgiving dinner and says “I only like the turkey and fresh green beans – I’ve never liked stuffing, cranberries, pie or yams with marshmallows.
My dessert will be a glass of wine and online shopping”.
Here’s how Aimee plans to stay on track with her weight loss during Thanksgiving
1. I will bring an appetizer from The Healthy Mommy recipe hub so I have safe (healthy) snacks to enjoy while dinner cooks.
2. I’ll workout in the morning to help prepare me for the day.
3. I will take a small plate and fill with steamed veggies and turkey, eat slowly and drink plenty of water. And I will swap dessert for a glass of wine and some online shopping.
Kate from Las Vegas has lost 13 lbs
Mom Kate from Las Vegas has lost 13 lbs with the Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges. She says “Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE!.
We keep it pretty simple and have our favorites. Turkey, rolls, potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, Healthy Mommy pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce and stuffing.
My biggest test will be keeping my portions normal sized”.
If you are looking for something a little healthier than what you usually eat, how about roasting some carrots, brussel sprouts and kale as Kate often does.
Kristi from Minnesota has lost 16 lbs
Mom Kristi from Minnesota has lost 16lbs with the Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges.
She says “Preparation is the key to success.”
Kristi’s tips for staying on track with weight loss over Thanksgiving
1. I will serve my main meal on a salad plate.
2. I’ll browse the meal beforehand to decide what “treat” I will allow myself to have.
3. I won’t beat myself up when if I have an extra treat. Instead I will make sure I am prepared to get back on track the next day.
Mom Emma from Western PA has lost 22 lbs
Emma is planning to spend her Thanksgiving in Miami. She says “I will be in Miami with sand in my toes this Thanksgiving”.
For a healthy alternative to traditional Pumpkin Pie Emma recommends the Mini Custard Pumpkin Pies. She says “I used spices that I would have never have used before joining the Healthy Mommy – these pies tasted delicious!”.
Emma’s tips for staying on track
1. Know where you are going to be on Thanksgiving. Are you going out to a restaurant? Check the menu to make good choices. Are you going to family? Offer to help prepare and make some healthy options. Staying at home? Then make some traditional and make your healthy options for people to share.
2. Portion Control is key. Use a smaller plate so that when you are getting a sample of all of the yumminess you don’t have room to pile it too high. Everything in moderation.
3. Remember it is one meal and one day out of your entire healthy journey and having a few little indulgences will not derail you!.
Jenny from Colorado has gone down a dress size in 6 months
Mom-of-three Jenny from Colorado says “I’m cooking Turkey, roasted brussell sprouts and roast potatoes. I’m thinking I’ll make the Healthy Mommy pumpkin pie and then an apple pie for my husband as he hates pumpkin”.
Jenny’s top tips for staying on track
1. If cooking, use the Healthy Mommy App to find healthier options of your favorite meals. If going somewhere, offer to bring a dish so you have a healthy one to enjoy.
2. Don’t put anything off limits or you’ll want it more. Allow yourself to have a little of something you really want but fill up on the healthier options.
3. Exercise first thing in the morning so you have no excuses later.
Mom Robyn from New York lost 15 lbs in 12 months
Luckily for Robyn she says “for Thanksgiving my mother-in-law does the cooking”.
Robyn’s tips for staying on track
- Use a smaller plate
- It’s just one day – don’t let it get you off track
- Food is food – why indulge and then feel awful a few hours later?
The Healthy Mommy team would like to thank all these lovely ladies for sharing their Thanksgiving plans and valuable tips with us.
We hope they and all our community of moms have a wonderful Thanksgiving day.
Check out more great recipes for Thanksgiving and Christmas on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss? Join thousands of moms TODAY!
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
Time-efficient exercises for busy moms – under 30 mins
Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!