These six moms have all been doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge with amazing results. Like all our members they are keen to share their tips to stay motivated and help others on their weight loss journey.
Moms share their top tips to help stay motivated
The number one motivator for moms is often the kids, but a few other key ingredients to success include – regular progress shots, a motivation board with clear set goals, an item of clothing that you really want to wear again and a good exercise routine.
Read on for some more great tips from these six moms on what else keeps them motivated and determined to reach their goals.
Cindy has lost 55 pounds since her first pregnancy in 2012 and then another 55 pounds after her second pregnancy in 2015.
She had a bit of restart in January 2019 on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and so far has lost another 26 pounds with a goal to lose 10 pounds by the end of the year.
Cindy shares, “I am motivated by my progress photos, having small achievable goals and I find having an event/occasion/vacation to work towards helps.”
- Take progress photos.
- Write down your goals and display on a motivation board.
- Get your family on board, have them help in the kitchen and pick out meals.
- On bad days (we all have them) just go for a walk.
- Get new fancy workout clothes and you will want to work out every day so you can wear them!
Cindy adds, “Seeing other people in the Healthy Mommy Community making achievements either small or large gives me the feeling that I can do this too. It’s also very encouraging when people post comments on your posts making you feel uplifted.”
Sheridan has lost 24 pounds with The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge since May 2018. She has also noticed that she has gone down several bra and top sizes and even one pant size
Sheridan says, “I am motivated to keep going by the progress I see and feel in my body, as well as being a good role model for my daughters. Showing them that you can enjoy your food and have a healthy relationship with food and exercise and to appreciate your body.”
- Take progress photos
- Set weekly goals – food and exercise
- Set measurable fitness goals – short and long term
- Use goal clothing
- Post in the Healthy Mommy Facebook group page
Sheridan adds, “The Healthy Mommy community keeps me accountable and keeps the entire process realistic. We are real women/moms who are doing our best to be the best.”
Aimee has lost 12 pounds on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is down to a size 10 in some pants.
- Progress photos. I just look at how far I’ve come already.
- My body aches and pains all stay away when I workout! I’m in my 40s now. I swear rust collects when I sit.
- Seeing other moms on here rocking the program.
- Being planned and organized makes it easy to stay motivated.
- Finding new clothes in my closet that I can wear again.
Aimee adds, “I love the other moms in the Healthy Mommy Community. I’ve never met any of them in person but I can’t wait to see what they have done every day. You all inspire me.”
Christine started the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge in June 2017 and lost 38 pounds by October 2018. She has maintained that weight loss to the present day.
Christine says her health and wellbeing are what keeps her going.
- Celebrate the goals you have achieved, no matter how small.
- If you have a bad day, start again tomorrow, we all have bad days.
- Exercise, even just a little each day, makes you feel so good.
- Plan, have the week planned so you know what you will achieve.
- Having the family on board is a huge motivation, being able to enjoy milestones with them.
Christine adds, “The Healthy Mommy Community helps me keep motivated by watching their progress, each person has different things to share and you can take different tips and ideas and add to your plan.”
Kate has lost 11 pounds and 11 inches and gained so much more, like self-confidence, self-worth plus understanding how and why to fuel her body with healthy and nutritious food and amazing workouts.
Kate says, “I’m motivated by my family and my new knowledge that I’m worth it. For so long, I put my needs on the backburner and I burned myself out. Now, I work out daily and fuel my body correctly because I feel better, physically and mentally. I’m worth it and my family deserves my best self.”
- PREP for success
- Motivation board
- The Healthy Mommy support groups are incredibly motivational and other’s stories keep me pushing myself
- My family – I want to be able to run around with my boys
- Customize the meal plan to suit your personal preferences
Kate adds, “When I don’t feel like doing a workout or prepping my food, the Healthy Mommy support group inspires me and reminds me why I’m on this journey. I love the constant motivational and progress stories/photos. So inspirational to be surrounded by like-minded moms.”
Jenny Guy Barrett
Jenny has lost several inches off her waist and hips on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and gained lean muscle, more energy, and confidence. Plus she is sleeping better, and feeling happier!
Jenny says, “What motivates me to keep going is knowing I’m a better mom/wife when I make myself a priority. Seeing the changes in my progress pictures and measurements. Also having my kids ask to workout or go for walks.”
- Set goals to work towards. Have some short term as well as long term.
- When you don’t feel like working out, make yourself do 10 mins. Once you get going, you’ll feel better and want to finish.
- Be consistent. We all have off days so give yourself some grace but make sure you have more consistency than off days.
- Tell family/others your goals for accountability and support.
- Plan food and workouts for the week so you are less likely to go off plan
Jenny adds, “I Love seeing everyone supporting and encouraging each other in the Healthy Mommy Community, it’s wonderful to know we are all on this journey together.
“When I’m not feeling motivated, I can check-in and see everyone else posting about workouts or meal prep gives me the extra push.”
The only program made for Busy Moms
You get unrestricted access to :
● Over 350 at home workouts
● Nutritionist designed weekly meal plans
● Fitness Trainer crafted at-home workouts
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 1,400 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips