A new month means a new chance to join thousands of moms and change your life with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
These moms are here to help you stay on track, stay motivated and kick your goals!
Motivating moms to keep you on track this August!
“Hi I’m Kate, 36 years old, two boys ages 5.5 and 3.5 located in Las Vegas, NV. Since joining The Healthy Mommy in May, I’ve lost 10 lbs, 1 pants size, 8 inches and I’ve gained confidence, self worth and a new understanding of how to properly fuel my body.
My favorite meal is the Chicken, Cashew and Broccoli Stir Fry. My favorite snack is the Low-Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (it was incredibly hard to pick a favorite, because everything I’ve made has been delicious!).
I’ve joined The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because I wanted to change my relationship with food. I’ve tried SO many diets in the past few decades and I’ve had some success, but nothing sustainable.
The Healthy Mommy has shown me, in such a short amount of time, how to properly fuel my body. It has shown me that I don’t have to limit a food group from my meal plan, that I don’t have to give up chocolate or delicious snacks. That I don’t have to give up pasta or fruit. I don’t have to give up anything! Instead, I eat healthy versions of what I love.
My reason why includes being healthy and happy with my two boys, husband and dogs, but it’s also because I’m worth it. I lost a lot of who I was, suffering from Post Partum Depression and Post Partum Anxiety after the birth of both my children. Exercise was a HUGE element of returning back to myself and finding mental stability.
In that, I’ve discovered how important it is for me to consistently exercise and make myself and my health a priority.
I like to include my kids in long walks, bike rides, running around at the park, walking the dogs and even doing at home workouts with the app in our living room. Love how I’ve rediscovered myself with the help of The Healthy Mommy.
I’d like to lose at least 40 more pounds, but more than a number, I really want to get to a place where I’d feel comfortable, completely, in my skin. I’m not after skinny, I’m after healthy and strong.
My 3 tips for moms on getting started?
- Meal prep! I really feel that prepping is key to success. You prep for success. If you have everything planned out and prepped, then you’re reaching for items that are healthy and tracked in your calorie budget already.
- Any exercise counts. All exercise is important, whether it’s a 5 minute workout from the app or an hour run or a 30 minute walk. Mental health is so important and exercise decreases the stress hormone, which makes us all happier 🙂 Get moving and find your happy 🙂
- Utilize the app. The app will meal plan for you. Go in and customize, based on what is in your pantry, fridge, freezer…this will help cut down on grocery bills. After you’ve customized, print off your shopping list. Mark your meals on the calendar or print off the overview. You can shuffle things around throughout the week if you need to, sometimes we have more leftovers than planned. Use the workouts on the app, stream them to your TV if you can, or do it from your phone. I really feel that there are no excuses for great food choices or workouts when everything is right in the palm of your hand 🙂 You’re set up for success with The Healthy Mommy!
Since joining The Healthy Mommy in May, I’ve lost 10 lbs, 1 pants size, 8 inches and I’ve gained confidence, self worth and a new understanding of how to properly fuel my body. I feel that my skin has also gotten clearer because I’ve decreased processed food and am instead fueling my body with whole foods.”
Marcia Nix McTaggart
“Marcia McTaggart I’m 33 with 2 boys ages 5 and 3 and live in Huntsville, AL.
I have lost 12 lbs and one dress size (from a tight 14/16 to a loose 12)
Favorite meal is by far the Chicken, Bacon, and Spinach stir fry!! Favorite snack is the low carb peanut butter cups!
My why is ME!! I’ve been trying several different things and nothing has worked. Until now!!
I have a goal to lose another 15-20lbs.
My 3 tips to moms just starting out: meal plan, drink water, and have support at home!!
More than weight loss, I’ve seen a boost in Confidence!! I feel good about myself again!!”
“Hi, I’m Cindy, I’m an Aussie and I currently live in Michigan USA, I’m 37 and I have 2 kids aged 7 and 4.
I have been following The Healthy Mommy for about 6 years, since my first born was 6 months old and I lost 55 pounds. I then had my second child and continued my Healthy Mommy journey losing another 55 pounds.
I had managed to maintain my weight loss for a few years until I went through a stressful time (moving internationally) resulting in another restart in January this year, I have lost 22 pounds so far and I would like to loose another 15 pounds.
My motivation this time round came from a wake up call at the doctors when I was told I had high blood pressure, after 6 months and loosing 22 pounds my blood pressure is now back to normal.
My favourite Healthy Mommy meal changes all the time, at the moment it’s the chicken taco salad and my favourite snack is the quick & easy date balls.
I am doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because it motivates me to stick to a plan, I also want to teach my kids about healthy eating. I want to be fit and healthy and be proud to be in photos with my family. I don’t want anymore ‘new year resolutions’ about loosing weight.”
My 3 tips for moms getting started are:
- “Go through the meal plan and if you see anything that doesn’t work for you swap it to a recipe that excites you, you are more likely to stick to a meal plan that you are excited about. Remember you can always just adjust the protein or veg in a recipe to make it work for you.
- Get your kids involved, having the family on board will help you feel supported and also stick to the plan. For example I have every family member help choose one meal for the week (if you’re just starting out think of things your kids already love and I’m sure there will be Healthy Mommy healthy version such as pizza, burgers, chicken nuggets, spaghetti). Have the kids help in the kitchen and they will be excited about the food too.
- With exercise, if you’re starting out just start with walking – walking is great physical exercise and also great for the mind. Then you can choose to increase your workouts as you get more active. I find the exercises in The Healthy Mommy app great if you don’t really know what you’re doing and if you’re not a fan of the gym.”
“Hi ladies, I am Christine, I have 3 adult children 23, 21 and 20.
I have been with The Healthy Mommy since June 2017 and lost 38 pounds, I have been maintaining this weight since October 2018.
Favorite meal is the Chinese beef and broccoli.
Favorite snack is blueberry chia muffins.
I do the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to keep me accountable, even though I am at goal weight it is still so easy to slip up, this keeps me honest and on track.”
3 tips to help moms who are just starting
- “Start small, small changes go into routine easier than large ones.
- Make the meals that are to your liking, that way you will stick with it.
- Exercise, even just 5 minutes a day. So many health benefits, joints don’t ache, skin is clearer, I can run, I don’t get fatigued.”
“Hi everyone. I joined last month and I love Healthy Mommy! I’m Aimee, 41, and have a daughter and son (7 and 6). We live in the Great Lakes State, Michigan. I have lost about 3 pounds but have seen changes with the progress photos and measurements.
My favorite Healthy Mommy meal is the chicken tacos and favorite snack is the cleansing grapefruit kiwi mint salad. I love how this is a healthy plan for my whole family. I don’t have to eat different or cook different meals. They love the food just as much.
I want to lose 15 pounds but in a healthy way. I tend to get frustrated by the scale so I have to walk away from it at times and focus on pictures and measurements.
Advice for newcomers is to start with changing your snacks and drinking water. Then focus on getting rid of soda and other empty calories. Remember each day is a fresh start. Ask for help. My husband helps me chop veggies.”
Jenny Guy Barrett
“Hi, I’m Jenny. I have 3 kiddos, 7, 4, & 2. I live in Colorado
I’ve done Healthy Mommy for 2.5 months have gained more confidence, lost bloating in my stomach, and seeing more muscle
Favorite meal is the Mediterranean Chicken & Vegetable Pasta.
Favorite snack is the almond and banana bites.
Doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because it helps keep me accountable, it’s easy, and love not having to cut out food groups. My why is for not only me to be healthy but to also have my family eat healthier.”
Tips for people starting out is
- “Don’t try to do it all at once. Take one thing, water/food/walks/workouts, and change that. Get consistent and then add another change.
- Don’t only go off the scale. Changes can better be seen in measurements, the way your clothes fit, and pictures.
- When you feel like giving up, remember it’s a lifestyle change, nothing happens overnight. Things wont be perfect but the next meal/walk/workout is a step closer to staying on track.”
“Hi ladies. I’m Vanessa, have 2 boys aged 5 and 4. I am a nurse but have just given up my permanent job as a pain nurse specialist to look after the kids (one has additional physical needs)! I am an Aussie, hubby is in Chicago presently for work!
I started The Healthy Mommy about 18months ago and have lots 26lb and over 8 inches off my body! Dropped from size 18 to 12! Healthy Mommy has really worked for me. And I find the support network is so unique and makes it work!
Don’t get hung up on the scales, make sure you do measurements and progress photos, that’s where you will see the changes. Even after having planted fascitis and a broke ankle on my journey I have managed to keep the weight off!
My favourite meal is changed constantly but is currently lamb and lentil curry.
Favourite snack currently – choc chip banana bread or double choc muffins, or rocky road.”
My 3 tips for moms just starting:
- “Be consistent – don’t stress if you indulge and have a bad meal or snack, just make the next meal or snack a better choice
- Move more – exercise is so important
- Drink water and lots of it!”
“Hi everyone! I see most of us are back for another round!!
I’m Sheridan, 38, with two daughters (6 and 9) and we live in Virginia.
I have been following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges since May 2018 and have lost 20 pounds.
I continue to follow the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because it’s easy! It makes my life so much easier! I can cook and provide myself and my family with nutritious, delicious food. And I can get healthier doing it.
I have a goal to loose 15 more pounds, but at the same time, I don’t mind it the scales don’t move – it’s more about toning up and getting stronger for me now. Before I started my Dr had advised I had a fatty liver and high cholesterol. I now have neither!”
My advice for newbies:
“To start small. It can be overwhelming to overhaul your entire life in one swoop. Start by increasing your water, go for some walks, change out your snacks, and start eating breakfast if you are a meal skipper.
Eat to your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) calorie goals. Once you get started, it will get easier. Consistency is key!”
Join these mums and change your life today with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.