Meet your December Motivating Moms – between them they have lost over 145.5 pounds on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
During December this amazing group of women will be here to give you advice, guidance and some great tips for motivation.
Today we introduce your December MOTIVATING MOMS, with a little bit about each of them, and their top tips for keeping you focused and motivated for the month of December on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Kristi Pressnall has lost 10 pounds
“Hi! My name is Kristi, I am 35 and live in Minnesota with my 3 kids (13,11, and 2) husband, and dog! We live on a hobby farm and have cows and a donkey as well!
“My “why” is that I want to learn how to utilize food as a way to fuel my body and mind and not as an emotional response to things. I have been doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge since June.
“I am down almost 10 pounds and many inches! I am feeling much more confident in my skin, as well as having gained lots of energy to keep up with my busy family! I have also noticed a HUGE change in my mental health as well.
“My personal goal is to lose 51 lbs on this journey and get in the habit of making healthy choices 90% of the time!”
- Start small. Try focusing on one thing at a time. If a whole meal plan seems like too much, start by planning one meal for the week (like breakfast).
- Celebrate all the wins, especially the small ones! Give yourself credit for taking the first step to getting started on this adventure!
- Ask for help! Lifestyle changes are hard to make on your own with no support. Ask for support from your family, friends, and this WONDERFUL group of ladies that are here for you!! Join the Healthy Mommy Community HERE.
Aimee Lennox has lost 10 pounds and over 8 inches from her waist
“Hi! My name is Aimee, 41, and a mom from Michigan with 2 young kids (6 and 8 years old).
“I joined Healthy Mommy in June 2019 after failing many other diet plans. Since joining Healthy Mommy I have lost 10 pounds and over 8 inches total off of my waist, thighs, hips, chest area, and arms.
“I’m starting to fit into clothes that I never thought I’d be able to wear again. For the past four weeks, my weight has plateaued but I am sticking with Healthy Mommy since I know this is only a temporary plateau and my body will continue to respond to all of the workouts, meal plan and support. I want to lose 10 more pounds. This is a slow and steady race and not a sprint.”
Aimee’s favorite Healthy Mommy meals:
“Our favorite family meal is probably Beef nachos. Although I made the Beef Mac and cheese tonight and it was devoured. My favorite snack is the Double chocolate ice cream. I make it almost every week.”
Aimee’s favorite recipes and thousands more are available HERE on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- Keep it simple. I repeat my lunch, breakfast and have 3 snacks on rotation for the week. I make 3 dinners and double batch one for leftovers to eat during the week.
- Drink your water. I take my water bottle everywhere.
- Make your workout days one that you can maintain. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. If you can’t workout 5x a week every week then think about how you will maintain your health. I workout 5x per week. If I get time for more then it’s a bonus.
“Welcome to a great group of supportive ladies. I look forward to watching all of your journeys.”
Sheridan has lost 29.5 pounds
“Hi! I’m Sheridan! I’m 38 and live in Virginia with my husband, and two daughters who are 6 and 9.
“I have been following The Healthy Mommy since May 2018 and in that time I have lost 29.5lbs. I have about 4lbs to lose to get to my goal weight, but I am more focused on building lean muscle and getting stronger.”
Sheridan’s favorite Healthy Mommy meals:
“I love the Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app, I can track my calories, water, exercise, plan meals for the week with so many recipes to try, and workouts galore! My favorites at the moment are Power Yoga and Tabata.”
- Trust the process! Try to stick to within 100 calories over/under your daily calorie goal
- Meal prep! It means that no matter what the week brings you, you are one step ahead. It stops you from making bad choices because you are rushed, tired, bored. I prep my snacks every week because snacks are my weakness.
- Move your body, and think about your fitness goals. Write them down and stick them somewhere you will see them every day.
“The Healthy Mommy community is amazing and is always there to support you! I love the power of women supporting women!”
Jenny Guy Barrett has lost 2 inches off her waist
“Hi! I’m Jenny, 39, and I have three children aged 7, 5 and 2, we live in Colorado.
“Since joining Healthy Mommy, I’ve lost 2 inches off my waist and hips, bloating is gone, I have more energy, and I’m sleeping a lot better. I gained lean muscle and finally seeing muscle definition.
“I’m doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because I love the easy meal plans that keep meals healthy and having many different exercises to choose from. I want to be strong and healthy. I can’t take care of my kiddos if I’m not taking care of me. Also, I want my kids to know why it’s good to eat healthily and be active.
“My goal is to build more lean muscle, tone up my legs and butt.”
Jenny’s favorite Healthy Mommy meals:
- Take it one step at a time. If it’s too much to change your entire meal plan at once, take it one meal at a time.
- Give yourself some grace, things won’t be perfect.
- Give yourself 10 mins and if you’re still not feeling the workout, go for a walk and do the workout the next day. Most times you’ll feel too good to quit.
- Remember your reason why.
- Get on The Healthy Mommy Facebook page as there are so many amazing ladies supporting one another.
- Make yourself some visuals or goals to work towards.
Kate Grimmell has lost 13 pounds
“Hi! I am Kate, 36, and a mum of two boys aged 5.5 and 3.5, we are from Las Vegas, NV
“Since joining The Healthy Mommy in May, I’ve lost 13 lbs, 1 pant size, 11 inches and I’ve gained confidence, self-worth and a new understanding of how to properly fuel my body.”
“I’ve joined The Healthy Mommy because I wanted to change my relationship with food. I’ve tried SO many diets in the past few decades and I’ve had some success, but nothing sustainable. The Healthy Mommy has shown me, in such a short amount of time, how to properly fuel my body. It has shown me that I don’t have to limit a food group from my meal plan, that I don’t have to give up chocolate or delicious snacks. That I don’t have to give up pasta or fruit. I don’t have to give up anything! Instead, I eat healthy versions of what I love.
“I want to healthy and happy with my two boys, husband, and dogs, but it’s also because I’m worth it. I lost a lot of who I was, suffering from PPD and PP Anxiety after the birth of both my children. The exercise was a HUGE element of returning back to myself and finding mental stability. In that, I’ve discovered how important it is for me to consistently exercise and make myself and my health a priority. I like to include my kids on long walks, bike rides, running around at the park, walking the dogs and even doing at-home workouts with the app in our living room. Love how I’ve rediscovered myself with the help of The Healthy Mommy.
“I’d like to lose at least 30 more pounds, but more than a number, I really want to get to a place where I’d feel comfortable, completely, in my skin. I’m not after skinny, I’m after healthy and strong.”
Kate’s favorite Healthy Mommy meals:
“My favorite meal is the Chicken, Cashew and Broccoli Stir Fry. My favorite snack is the Low-Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (it was incredibly hard to pick a favorite because everything I’ve made has been delicious!). I’m also currently obsessed with Cherry, coconut bliss balls, and the Zucchini brownies.”
All Kate’s favorite recipes are available HERE on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- Meal prep! I really feel that prepping is the key to success. You prep for success. If you have everything planned out and prepped, then you’re reaching for items that are healthy and tracked in your calorie budget already.
- Any exercise counts! All exercise is important, whether it’s a 5-minute workout from the app or an hour run or a 30-minute walk. Mental health is so important and exercise decreases the stress hormone, which makes us all happier. Get moving and find your happy.
- Utilize the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app. The app will meal plan for you. Go in and customize, based on what is in your pantry, fridge, freezer, this will help cut down on grocery bills. After you’ve customized, print off your shopping list. Mark your meals on the calendar or print off the overview. You can shuffle things around throughout the week if you need to, sometimes we have more leftovers than planned. Use the workouts on the app, stream them to your TV if you can, or do it from your phone. I really feel that there are no excuses for great food choices or workouts when everything is right in the palm of your hand. You’re set up for success with The Healthy Mommy!
Kate adds, “Since joining The Healthy Mommy in May, I’ve lost 10 lbs, 1 pants size, 8 inches and I’ve gained confidence, self-worth and a new understanding of how to properly fuel my body. I feel that my skin has also gotten clearer because I’ve decreased processed food and am instead fueling my body with whole foods.”
Marcia Nix McTaggart has lost two dress sizes, 15lbs, and a bra size
“Hi! I am Marcia,34, a mom of two boys aged 4 and 6 from Huntsville, AL.
“I have lost 2 dress sizes, 15lbs, and a bra size. I still have about 10 more lbs to go. December is my 8th round of challenges!
“I am doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because I need something for ME! I want to be healthy and show my kids that a healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean counting calories and gross food.
“I’ve seen more energy, less knee pain (I have arthritis), and clearer skin!”
“My goal is a size 10 (I have size goals vs weight goals).”
Marcia’s favorite Healthy Mommy meal:
Chicken, bacon, spinach stir fry. My favorite snack is Cucumber stacks or Apple with peanut butter.
- Drink your water
- Don’t give up
- Use the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app daily!! Even if things need to change with food, it’s SUPER easy to change at the last minute!
Kai-Helin Cooper has lost 13 pounds
“Hi! I’m Kai-Helin, 39. I live in Nebraska with my husband and two daughters, aged almost 4 years and 5 months. I joined Healthy Mommy at the end of June and my aim was to lose around 22 lbs of baby weight. I’ve lost 13 lbs so far.”
Kai-Helin’s favorite Healthy Mommy meals:
- Take photos and measurements as your weight might not always be best to show improvements.
- Calculate your BMR and calories on the app.
- Start by prepping some meals and snacks – make a larger batch for lunches/dinners the next day.
Cindy Siegemund has lost 55 pounds
“Hi, I’m Cindy! I’m 37, I have 2 kids aged 7 & 4 and I live in Michigan USA.
“I have been following the Healthy Mommy for about 6 years since my firstborn was 6 months old and I lost 55 pounds.
“I then had my second child and continued my Healthy Mommy journey losing another 55 pounds.
“I had managed to maintain my weight loss for a few years until I went through a stressful time (moving internationally) resulting in another restart in January this year, I have lost 30 pounds so far and I would like to lose another 5 pounds.
“My motivation this time round came from a wake-up call at the doctors when I was told I had high blood pressure, after 6 months and losing 22 pounds my blood pressure went back to normal.
“I am doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because it motivates me to stick to a plan, I also want to teach my kids about healthy eating. I want to be fit and healthy and be proud to be in photos with my family.”
Cindy’s favorite Healthy Mommy meal:
“My favorite healthy mommy meal is the Chili Pork Bowl and my favorite snack is the Florentines.
- Go through the meal plan and if you see anything that doesn’t work for you swap it to a recipe that excites you, you are more likely to stick to a meal plan that you are excited about. Remember you can always just adjust the protein or veg in a recipe to make it work for you.
- Get your kids involved, having the family on board will help you feel supported and also stick to the plan. I have every family member help choose one meal for the week (if you’re just starting out think of things your kids already love and I’m sure there will be healthy mommy healthy version such as pizza, burgers, chicken nuggets, spaghetti). Have the kids help in the kitchen and they will be excited about the food too.
- Exercise at your own pace! With exercise, if you’re starting out just start with walking- walking is great physical exercise and also great for the mind. Then you can choose to increase your workouts as you get more active. I find the exercises in the Healthy Mommy app great if you don’t really know what you’re doing and if you’re not a fan of the gym.
Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourselves moms. We can’t wait to join you all in the December 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge now!
Take part now in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – made for BUSY moms!
It is like a PT, Coach, Nutritionist & Chef – ALL IN YOUR POCKET – with EASY to follow food & fitness plans.
You get unrestricted access to :
● Nutritionist & chef-designed weekly meal plans
● Personal Trainer crafted At-home workouts- 28 minutes and under
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalized Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 1,400 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● REAL-TIME support from The Healthy Mommy Team an 100,000’s of other moms