This simple and delicious muffin recipe makes 6 serves. Save leftover muffins in an airtight container in the pantry or freeze to enjoy throughout the week.
Serves 6, prep time 10 mins, cook time 20-25 mins
- cooking oil spray
- 5 oz plain whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 6 muffin cups with cooking oil spray or line with baking paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir in raspberries to coat well.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, butter, milk, honey and zest. Add to dry ingredients and stir to just combine (do not overmix as this will make the muffins tough).
- Divide mixture between muffin cups and bake for 20-22 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. One serving is one muffin.
Nutritional Information Per Serving