Black Bean Burrito Bowl
Burrito bowls are a great way to get your Mexican fix without the additional carbs of tortillas or corn chips. To speed up the preparation of this dish you could use pre-cooked rice, just reheat until steaming and you’ll be ready to assemble!
If you love the idea of eating healthy versions of your favourite meals, you’ll love the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1/4 cups brown rice uncooked
- 1.75 oz canned black beans drained
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1/4 cups corn kernels fresh or canned
- 1/4 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 red pepper diced
- 1/4 medium avocado diced
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 4 tsp reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Rinse and drain black beans.
- Once rice is cooked, combine with the baby spinach and place in the bottom of serving bowl
- Top with corn, beans, tomatoes, red pepper and avocado
- Squeeze over lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Dollop with yoghurt to serve.
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.