Black Bean Salsa in a Low-Carb Wrap
Need some inspiration for your vegetarian meals on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge? Try this healthy dinner using cauliflower to make a low-carb wrap.
Cauliflower helps with liver detoxification. Black beans may assist in healthy weight loss as they keep you full for long periods of time and help to keep your blood sugar levels stable as they are high in protein and fiber.
Prepare the ‘dough’ for the cauliflower wraps ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days to just bake when ready to enjoy.
We love making healthier versions of your favorites here at the Healthy Mommy!
Join thousands of moms on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and access healthy options for burgers, nachos, pasta and more.
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 free-range egg whisked
- 14 oz canned black beans drained
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapenos sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and process until it resembles a crumb like rice.
- Steam the cauliflower rice on the stovetop or in the microwave until tender. Add a pinch of salt to the cauliflower rice and squeeze through a muslin cloth or clean kitchen towel to remove excess moisture. Place in a bowl and add half the cumin, all the paprika and the chili powder. Add the egg and mix everything together until well combined.
- Divide ‘dough’ into 6 even balls. Place one ball on a lined baking tray and press it out into a round, flat shape, around 1/4 inch thick. Repeat for the remaining balls, leaving space between each wrap to allow for spreading.
- Depending on the size of your baking trays, you should be able to fit 2 wraps on each tray.
- Bake wraps for 10 minutes, flip over, and cook for a further 10-15 minutes. The wraps should be dry but flexible.
- While wraps are baking prepare the salsa by combining the black beans, red pepper, onion, avocado, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice, olive oil and remaining cumin. Mix together well.
- Serve two cauliflower wraps per person, filled with an equal portion of the bean salsa.
- Leftover salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
301 calories per serving
Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.