Cacao Pancakes Topped with Mixed Berries
You really can’t beat pancakes for a quick and tasty breakfast. These are a little different as they contain metabolism-boosting cacao.
Cacao (or you can use cocoa) can increase your energy levels by improving blood flow to your brain. It is also a powerhouse of magnesium, giving your metabolism a boost to start your day. If you haven’t tried cacao powder before, find it at a health food store and most major supermarkets.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to access stacks of healthy breakfast ideas. There’s waffles, overnight oats, porridge and even breakfast burritos!
Come and join thousands of moms on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 free-range eggs
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 cups mixed berries fresh or frozen
- Place almond milk, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar in a blender and blitz to combine.
- Place mixture in a bowl and whisk in the baking soda, cacao/cocoa powder, flour and eggs to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add in a third of the oil to coat the pan. Pour in 1/3 of the pancake batter to make 2 pancakes per serving. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining oil and pancake batter so you have 6 pancakes in total.
- While pancakes are cooking, defrost the berries (if frozen) in the microwave and then heat through until the juices start to release and the fruit starts to break down.
- Serve 2 pancakes per person topped with 1⁄2 cup of warmed berries.
295 calories per serving
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.