Cheese, Tomato & Basil Beef Rolls
A delicious and healthy, family-friendly meal that will help boost your metabolism with lean protein.
Here at the Healthy Mommy, we make meals that everyone can enjoy, while you lose weight in a healthy way.
We recommend three main meals and three snacks per day on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, so you’ll never go hungry.
Lose weight with thousands of other moms on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and get the support you need to help it stick with our free online support group.
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 medium potatoes peeled & chopped
- 4 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 lb lean beef steak
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper into a bowl and gently combine. Set aside.
- Place the steak on a cutting board and cover it with a piece of plastic wrap. Use a mallet to pound the steak until thin and flat.
- Place the cheese and tomato mix down the middle of each piece of steak. Starting with the edge closest to the filling, roll the steak around the filling. Use 2-3 toothpicks to secure the seam.
- Place the beef rolls onto the prepared baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the beef is cooking, steam the potatoes until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dress the lettuce with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve each of the beef rolls with green salad and potatoes on the side.
377 calories per serving
Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.