Chocolate Pumpkin Mud Cake With Ganache
A great recipe to try in Fall or to take along to Thanksgiving or even a Halloween party. It makes a generous serve of 20. This recipe was sent to us by a Healthy Mommy member as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
|Prep Time||20 Mins|
|Cook Time||85 Mins|
- 1 Butternut squash
- cooking oil spray
- Dark chocolate 70%
- 1/2 Cup Coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup Brown rice syrup, maple or honey
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 2 Cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Cup water
- Preheat oven to 375F. Remove peel and seeds from pumpkin and chop into 1 inch cubes. Place on a lined baking tray and lightly spray with oil.
- Roast in preheated oven for 45 mins to 1 hour (depending on size of pieces) until pumpkin is dark orange and can easily be mashed.
- Place pumpkin in a bowl and use a stick mixer or food processor or simply mash by hand to form a puree (you should be left with 1 & 1/2 cups).
- Line a cake pan and lightly spray with oil (use a springform pan if you have one).
- Place half the chocolate, coconut oul, 1/2 cup of the syrup and 2 tsps of vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat and stir occasionally until chocolate has melted and ingredients are well combined. Remove from heat and mix in pumpkin puree.
- Place oats, cocoa, and baking powder in a food processor and blend to a fine powder.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients to make a cake batter.
- Pour into the prepared pan and level out.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 mins or until cake top bounces back when touched. Let cool for 10 mins in the pan before turning out on a wire rack.
- While cake is cooling, add remaining chocolate with the water to a saucepan over medium heat and stir until chocolate has melted and has slightly thickened. Add tablespoon of syrup and teaspoon of vanilla extract and combine well. The mixture should resemble a ganache.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- If you like a dense cake refrigerate for 30 mins before serving.
- Slice into 20 pieces, 1 piece is 1 serving. Serve with a dollop of greek yogurt if you like.
1 piece is 1 serving. 208 calories per serve.
Want more healthy recipes? Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
The worldwide moms only program giving YOU results fast
- Moms have lost 6 million pounds on our plans!
- Budget & family friendly, realistic for busy moms
- Fast, effective exercises that are done at home
- Mom-only community
The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss program is used by millions of moms all over the world – see why moms love it today!