Gluten-Free Hot Cross Buns
A gluten-free version of this Easter favourite from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Hot Cross Buns don’t just have to be enjoyed at Easter. Make this gluten-free version and have them whatever time of year it is. This recipe makes 12 buns so share them with the family and your friends as well as storing any leftovers in the freezer to defrost and reheat in the oven when you need a healthy, sweet snack. Cinnamon and ginger are two of the best spices to include in our diet when wanting to boost your immunity.
|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||30 mins|
- 1 & 1/2 cups almond meal/almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 free-range egg
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line 12 muffin holes with paper cases.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, coconut oil and coconut sugar until well combined.
- Sift almond meal/almond flour, coconut flour, spices, baking powder and salt int the egg mixture. Use a large spoon or spatula to stir. Fold in raisins. The 'dough' will be more like a thick cookie batter than a traditional bread dough.
- Divide into 12 portions, gently form into balls and place into lined muffin cups.
- For crosses stir together rice flour and water to create a thick paste. Spoon into a piping bag or a zip lock sandwich bag and snip off the corner after filling, top pipe crosses over buns.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm and golden. This recipe makes a dense bun.
- One bun is one serving.
This recipe contains 250 cals per serve.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for more delicious recipes
The #1 moms-only weight loss brand
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is made for busy moms! We offer customizable, affordable and family friendly meal plans that make healthy eating easy and sustainable.
We have over 350 full length workout videos that are perfect for busy moms and also cater for postpartum moms.