Homemade Teriyaki Chicken
This delicious Japanese-inspired dish is full of flavor and easy to make with only a handful of ingredients.
Make enough to feed the whole family or store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container to enjoy another day.
This recipe comes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, where you can enjoy delicious family friendly recipes while you lose weight.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce sodium reduced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- 0.75 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups green beans trimmed
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Cut chicken into thick strips.
- Combine garlic, ginger, soy, vinegar, honey and cornstarch in a pan. Mix well, add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Place pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes, turning chicken a few times, until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken cooks steam beans in the microwave or on the stovetop until tender crisp.
- Place rice and beans onto plates, top with chicken and drizzle each serving with a spoonful or two of sauce from the pan, discard unused sauce.
432 calories per serving
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.