Paleo pumpkin and Coconut pie
A delicious and healthy twist on a family favorite. Perfect for entertaining over Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Check out more great recipes for Thanksgiving and Christmas on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||90 mins|
- 5 cups Pumpkin or butternut squash peeled and diced
- 1 & 2/3 cups reduced fat/lite coconut milk
- 3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 3 medjool dates fresh, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 free-range eggs separated
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a spring form cake pan.
- Simmer pumpkin pieces in a saucepan with coconut and almond milk for 25-30 minutes or until soft. Leave to cool.
- Place nuts and dates in a food processor and process until they form a fine meal, then mix in coconut oil, coconut flour, vanilla and 1 egg white.
- Press the nut mixture into a prepared pan and press up the sides. Bake for 15 minutes until dry.
- Process pumpkin mix wth spices and maple syrup. Add egg yolks and remaining egg whites and combine well. Pour into the base and bake for 35-45 minutes or until just set.
- Cool before slicing into 16 pieces. One piece is one serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3days.
One piece is one serving. 175 calories per serve.
Want more healthy recipes? Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
The worldwide moms only program giving YOU results fast
- Moms have lost 6 million pounds on our plans!
- Budget & family friendly, realistic for busy moms
- Fast, effective exercises that are done at home
- Mom-only community
The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss program is used by millions of moms all over the world – see why moms love it today!