Sweet Potato Hash With Eggs & Arugula
This recipe is from The Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Keto Lite meal plan.
You could use leftover roast vegetables in this recipe if you have them. This recipe makes 2 serves so share with the family or keep leftover vegetable hash in the fridge for breakfast another day.
The Healthy Mommy Keto Lite meal plan DOESN’T get people into a state of ketosis, it’s more about the macro split of meals each day i.e. moderate protein, higher in healthy fats, lower in carbs. Not harsh but still effective.
About The Healthy Mommy Keto Lite
When our Nutritionist designed The Healthy Mommy Keto Lite: Safe for Moms meal plan, the recipes selected were closer to a low carb, moderate protein and moderate to high fat split.
We’ve allowed a variation in each macro-nutrient so our moms have more flexibility in meal planning and offer a wider range of meals suitable for families, compared with a strict ketogenic diet.
What we aimed for was to have each meal as close to this range as possible:
Some recipes have lower carbs or higher proteins, but the majority of the recipes fit inside these guidelines.
|Prep Time||7 mins|
|Cook Time||25 mins|
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tbs whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 5 free-range eggs
- 1 cup arugula
- Peel and chop sweet potato into chunks. Steam until tender. You could use leftover roast sweet potato or 2 cups of leftover roast vegetables for this recipe if you have them.
- Place sweet potato (or leftover vegetables) into a bowl with one of the eggs, flour, mustard and olive oil. Mash well with a fork and mix together. Shape loosely into round patties/hash browns (you should be able to get 1-2 hash browns per serving).
- Bring a saucepan, 3⁄4 filled with water, to the boil and add white vinegar.
- Place a non-stick fry pan over a medium-high heat. Add hash browns to the pan and flatten with a spatula. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until golden.
- When water has come to the boil, use a spoon to create a whirlpool by swirling water around the pan. Slowly crack the remaining eggs (2 per serving) into the whirlpool and poach for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide vegetable hash browns between two plates and serve with arugula and poached eggs on top.
This recipe contains 262 calories per serve.
This recipe is from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Keto Lite meal plan. Join today for loads more delicious Keto Lite meals.