Vegetarian Bean & Corn Tostada
The beans in this recipe are powerhouses of low GI, high-fiber energy. They are loaded with B group vitamins, which aid in energy metabolism.
The addition of avocado means this meal is loaded with potassium and healthy fats, hitting some very important energy-producing and metabolism-boosting checkpoints.
You can lose weight without missing out on your favorite Mexican meals, thanks to the recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Think nachos, burritos and enchiladas, to name a few.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup canned kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or canned
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 medium avocado mashed
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese reduced-fat, grated
- 2 tomatoes roughly diced
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Add oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Add beans, corn, tomato and paprika and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through, remove from the heat. Preheat broiler to medium heat.
- Spread the mashed avocado over each tortilla, top with bean mix and sprinkle cheese over the top. Place under the broiler until the cheese has melted.
- Top with green onion and parsley to serve.
- Note: Tortilla can be folded and cooked in a sandwich press, if preferred.
308 calories per serving
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.