Healthy eating doesn’t have to mean spending HOURS in the kitchen!
All of these recipes can be made with just 5 main ingredients (this doesn’t include seasonings like salt and pepper or cooking oils), which makes them not only simple and super quick to make up but also budget-friendly for all the family!
Get a sneak peek of some of the delicious, healthy and easy to make recipes that will be available as a part of our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Psst…you’re going to want to check out #6.
6 recipes that have only 5 main ingredients!
These recipes are not only simple, delicious, family-friendly and budget-friendly but with just FIVE main ingredients they are so simple you can just throw them together on days when you just don’t have the spare time to cook a feast.
1. Mini Ham, Spinach and Feta Muffins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Perfect for a grab and go snack if you prep these beforehand these Mini Ham, Spinach and Feta Muffins only require baby spinach, lean smoked ham, eggs, feta and sun-dried tomatoes and you’re all set.
2. Mini Banana Pancakes
Cooking time: 5 mins
How tasty do these mini pancakes look? And all you need to make them is three ingredients; banana, eggs and whole wheat self-raising flour, how simple is that!
3. Corn and Zucchini Quesadilla
Cooking time: 5 mins
This vegetarian twist to a Mexican classic is so simple to make when the only ingredients needed are zucchini, corn kernels, corn tortilla, cheddar cheese and tomato salsa.
4. Dark Chocolate Coconut Rounds
Cooking time: None (they do need to be left in the fridge for 3 hours to set)
Feed that 3pm chocolate craving with these delicious and healthy Dark Chocolate Coconut Rounds and all you need to make them are shredded coconut, dark chocolate and dried cranberries.
5. Corn & Kidney Bean Enchiladas
Cooking time: 15 mins
A Mexican inspired dinner that is meat-free. Of course, if you prefer you could replace the kidney beans with lean ground beef. We share the recipe with you below.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 7oz tinned kidney beans
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or tinned
- 1/3 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- cooking oil spray
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 & 1/3 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans and using a fork, mash together with the corn, crushed tomatoes and taco seasoning until well combined but still chunky.
- Fill tortilla with bean and corn mix. Roll up and place in a baking dish, lightly sprayed with cooking oil spray.
- Top with diced tomato and grated cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and is golden. Serve immediately.
354 calories per serving
6. Chocolate Quinoa Cupcakes
Cooking time: 45 mins
These cupcakes taste as good as they look! The protein from the quinoa will keep you fuller for longer, and they make a perfect snack on the go.
There are hundreds of more recipes just like these available as a part of the Under 5 Main Ingredients 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, join now and get meal prepping!
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss?
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy moms – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!