Who needs to buy chocolate bars when you can make healthier versions of your favorite sweet treats at home? Love a Snickers? Try this recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, for a healthier version.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to access this and hundreds more healthy recipes.
Serves 24, prep time 1 hr 30 min
- 2 cups cashew nuts, unsalted
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pitted, dried dates
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Line an 8in x 8in square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Soak the cashews and the dates separately in boiling water for 20 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- Add cashews only to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Divide cashew mixture in half.
- Add one half of the cashew mixture to the almond meal, 1 tablespoon of the cacao/cocoa powder, 1/2 of the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup and mix well. Press into the lined dish evenly and flatten.
- Place remaining cashews, all the soaked dates, remaining vanilla, a tablespoon of maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil, into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Stir through chopped peanuts. Smooth mixture over base and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set a little.
- Add the remaining coconut oil, remaining cacao/cocoa powder and remaining maple syrup into a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted. Pour over the top of the mixture and return to the fridge to set, approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
- When set gently cut into 24 small rectangles with a sharp knife. 1 rectangle is 1 serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy? Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.