This Steak with Rainbow Curly Fries is a healthy version of steak and fries. These curly fries are a great way to get the family to try new vegetables with their funky shape and fun colors.
To make the curly fries you will need a spiralizer however if you don’t have one you can just use a regular veggie peeler to peel the veggies into thin strips.
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Ingredients (Makes 1 serving)
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 medium fresh beet, peeled
- 1/2 small sweet potato, peeled
- 1/2 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb lean steak of choice
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F, and line a tray with baking paper.
- Use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to slice the zucchini, beet, sweet potato and carrot into thin noodles. Combine with the olive oil and spread over the prepared tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and cook in a frying pan or on a barbecue for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Combine mayonnaise with garlic and lemon juice.
- Place steak on a plate with rainbow curly fries and garlic mayo. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
410 calories per serve
Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.