Try Nathalia’s 5 Favorite Squat Exercises!
Healthy Mommy Fitness Trainer Nathalia Melo knows only too well the benefits of squats!
Squats are a fantastic exercise for helping to build muscle and to get wonderful toned legs. The exercise also promotes body wide muscle building, working up your quads, hamstrings, calves, abdominal muscles, lower back and your butt too.
Watch Nathalia’s 5 Favourite Squat Exercises and follow the work out below!
TOP TIPS FOR ALL SQUATS!
- Engage your core
- Push through your heels
- THINK about pushing your knees out
- Slightly turning your feet out will activate your glutes more
- Keep your head in line with your back – don’t look at the floor!
- Reset your stance and your body if the movement doesn’t feel right, its all about proper technique!
WORK OUT IDEAS
- Try 10 reps of each for 4 rounds
- 15 reps for 3 rounds
- 1 minute on each squat for a quick 5 minute workout!
FIVE SQUAT EXERCISES
- Air Squat – Push through your heels, sit back into the squat, breathe and engage your core! Squats are an amazingly effective full body movement that will help with toning and tightening your legs!
- Sumo Squat – Pointing your toes out helps activate your glues more AND works your inner thighs!!
- Goblet Squat – Elbows in and hold the weight (if you have one) against your chest, feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart!
- Side to Side Squat – Get low! These are brilliant for your outer thighs!
- Narrow Squat with Kick – Legs slightly closer together than shoulder width apart, squat down and kick! When you kick, engage you core that little bit more to support your body. A narrow stance will emphasize the effort in your quads and hamstrings!
For more amazing workouts, check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here